k-member/turbo kit help

venm4u97

Established Member
bought a turbo horsepower kit awhile back from jim napier and finally got around to installing it and the headers are hitting my afco k-member....any of you guys run these kits? and if so what k-member did you use? sucks to have money tied up in the k-member kit with a arms and coilovers and not be able to use it,not to mention losing labor hours to find out it wont work

note* already had the k-member before I bought the turbo kit and was told that there was a 80-90% chance that it would work...guess I have really bad luck

Attachments

• IMG_1174.JPG
    IMG_1174.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1175.JPG
    IMG_1175.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1182.JPG
    IMG_1182.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1176.JPG
    IMG_1176.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    212.3 KB · Views: 125

cbr repsol

Established Member
I don't think your coil overs will affect the k member. You could ask when you order if it will accept other companies coil overs.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
The MM kit has the most bracing and bars. Do not use it unless you own a hellion kit and have the hellion MM K-member. My suggestion is team-z or UPR as they are the most universal in terms of kits fitting. Lots of companies designed around the DD kit as it was the most readily available and affordable back then but they aren't made anymore.

nomoretickets

Established Member
The MM kit has the most bracing and bars. Do not use it unless you own a hellion kit and have the hellion MM K-member. My suggestion is team-z or UPR as they are the most universal in terms of kits fitting. Lots of companies designed around the DD kit as it was the most readily available and affordable back then but they aren't made anymore.
This. The off the shelf MM K-Member is designed for chasis bracing and handling in RR applications. I didnt think any company built around the MM K just because of how stout it is (apparently Hellion worked a special application K member out?). It seems that Team Z and UPR are the most commonly used K members when companies are building off the shelf turbo kits. I tend to see UPR as the referenced K member a tad more often.

That being said, might be worth talking to a fabricator. Looks like the fit isnt too far off. Might be cheaper to just reweld a few joints than to replace your whole front suspension. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread