K - MEMBER or NOT?

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
its time to install the longtubes and off r-x I bought a while back.i know it would make that easier if I install a after market k member now.will this take away any of the street car comforts ?vibrations ,poping sounds,etc. just don't want to mess up my daily driver.i do go raceing some but mainly this is my work ride.has great mpg compaired to f 150.and which one is better upr or bmr?:-D

toomnymods

Established Member
I absolutely love the BMR k member. I also installed the tubular a arms with it and love the handling characteristics of the car now. It feels more planted, nimble, and lighter in the corners. It defiantly has more of a race car feel now, and doesn't feel like a sloppy swaying boat that it did before. If you have a manual you will defiantly love it as it keeps your engine more stable during shifts. So shifting at WOT is greatly improved as well. Thier was a tad of Vibration added mainly at the floorboard around your feet. And after two days of driving like everything else it becomes regular routine and you don't even notice it anymore. I'd do the install a million times again and again as I love the way it makes the car feel.
p.s. If you have the white line trans bushing you WILL have to cut the center section!!

Last edited:

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Not to mention the weight savings I would assume. That's really got to help the front end handling, weight transfer for drag racing, etc.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I have a BMR tubular K, fitment is excellent and shed about 22lbs. Only time you'll notice it is on start up with the poly motor mounts. And alittle at idle. Soon as you start moving you can't feel it.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
well I was gonna pick up the upr k-member this weekend at bowling green and they had every k member but one for s 197 so I walked down the midway and talked to beefcake and he said sure I ll do free shipping over sized box or not the bmr and upr are great pieces with one do u want.i always have a good experience when ordering parts there .so I ll post up the install of headers and everything else when I start and thanks again beefcake racing.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have a upr k-member going in when I do my longtubes. I installed a bmr in my buddy's gt500 and install was easy and not much NVH to worry about, cold start and idle only. Worth the money if you are already doing longtubes anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread