K member moly or mild steel for street and road course. Also, updates on which to buy

Badasssapper67

Established Member
I see people talking about what k members are made of and I cant tell if the one that's best is moly or mild steel for the street and some road course hobby driving. When I say road course, I mean driving around a race track (PIR Portland International Raceway) at speed but not actually racing, there's no passing allowed.

Also, most of the k member threads are old. Is MM still the only good one for street and road course? I see some good reviews for AJE but they're old and I don't know if they're still a good product.

Plus, what other purchases are necessary when going with a tubular k member? CC plates, oil filter relocation, any others?

Badasssapper67

Established Member
Mild steel? Moly tubing? Anyone?
I know that in roll bars you want moly because it's stronger and can be thinner for the same strength so you can save 40lbs but it costs more.
But on a k member is moly too brittle?

thumper

Established Member
I have an AJE in my 94. I drive it on the street at least twice a week if the weather is nice. I can't tell you how it would be on a road course though. I have it set up more for drag racing. I do like the AJE but if at the time I bought it Team Z would have had their LS mount K members available thats what I would have bought.

bumsoil

Established Member
had a UPR for about a year and a half (got bent in a incident, did not break though!). it definitely felt better then stock, but it does not work w/ stock A arms. i now have the maximum Motorsports k member package, and my god the difference. there is no comparison.

edit the UPR was chromolly. also the stock arms will fir if you press in polly bushings backwards. but its really stupid that they have spring perches and the stock arms wont fit in...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread