K-Member Brace

fullofvenom

Established Member
Mine's starting to flake. I thought it was just the coating on it, but it looks like the letal is actually starting to break apart and the bolt holes are out of round from the movement.

Will an aftermarket brace (like one from MM) work or would I need to either replace right from Ford or get a new Kmember?

Thanks!

fullofvenom

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. Now, the real question is will the 4 point brace work on the stock Kmember? I'll have to get in touch with somone at MM.

Thanks again!

Lee

Established Member
fullofvenom said:
Thanks for the input guys. Now, the real question is will the 4 point brace work on the stock Kmember? I'll have to get in touch with somone at MM.

Thanks again!
The 4 point brace is made to work with the stock K-member. I had one on my 94.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I got my hands on the stock 6pt off a vert. Works well.
Not sure if all years or what years had them but I think they are still availible from ford.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Guys, not to start any shit here, but I spent a LOT of money and time on making my car handle, and it wasn't worth it in a Mustang to me. Sure it was fun, but when I have basically an extremely badass handling package on a daily-driver Mustang, and I can go against my dad's 98 M3 and get my ass handed to me in the corners, I decided that Mustangs are better suited for the straight line, so now I've got full drag suspension going on, and I'm gonna go (hopefully) low 11's on a stock shortblock.

fullofvenom

Established Member
Hey, why ya startin' shit? :-D

Seriously though, I'm with you. It would take a full suspension and then some to get these things to handle like a real road car. After owning 2 foxes and now this snake, I'm more than familiar with their handling, or lack thereof.

I'm just replacing a broken part and I thought it better to upgrade it.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I'll have to disagree, and I'm not finished with mine yet.
MM control arms, PH/B, springs and me behind the wheel have handed many cars that are supposed to handle a serious butt whippin on our local road course.
And that includes some seriously prepped race cars.

If done right these things will flat out fly around corners.

Users who are viewing this thread