K member and moving the wheels forward

TexaSTI

Established Member
Hey everyone

I have been doing a lot of research on K members and I am just curious if it really is worth getting one that changes the front suspension geometry like the MM? Seems like you can move the wheels forward from .5"- 1.75"? I plan on doing coil overs eventually (or now if its fully worth it), but I was looking at the UPR k member since it keeps the stock geometry. Also, if I change the geometry, does it limit any tire or wheel combos?

The car would see some track duty( This is where I am assuming its worth it)/drag and be street driven on nice days.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
With the MM piece it doesn't just move the wheels forward, it also increases the track width a bit. It's enough that I noticed a difference in the way the car felt after installed it. I'm sure it helped with handling, but I did that as well as full coilovers pretty close together so I can't which helped the most. I'm still running the same 17x9 FR500's up front, but they do poke a little. Which I'm not a fan of, but that's just atheistics. I think bringing the wheels 1.75" would cause issues. As of now my wheels are centered in the wheel well.

I was really hoping BMR would bring their K member to market, but they seemed to have forgotten about us.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
if you like to turn, then yes its worth it! If you are only drag racing than there are lighter weight options. I am using Maximum Motorsports and their stuff is built strong and the handling is an amazing difference over stock

TexaSTI

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys! I guess I'm more worried that ill be missing out if I go with a stock geometry k member like UPR's, then end up needing the new geometry to handle better on a road course. The car will mainly be straight line raced, but id like to try everything with it including some turns.

Ironmancuck

Banned
Established Member
The drag race k members are dramatically weaker than the stock piece so the ride and handling is going to be terrible with a light weight drag race k member.

The Maximum Motorsports K member is not much lighter than stock and I think that is a good thing because it’s built to take a beating and last.

I’ve installed a mm k member and the ride and handling was noticeably better than stock.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
A 3rd option would be the Steeda K. Built like a tank, about same weight as the MM, and accepts all the stock components. It also allows for adjustment of the steering rack.

TexaSTI

Established Member
I really appreciate all the replies. Now if i go with the MM and do coil overs, whats the best route? I have seen we can reuse our Bilstein struts? What is everyones personal opinion?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have the MM coilovers with Bilsteins on mine and I'm happy with it. I have the HD version though.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Id get MM's new series struts with their coilover kit. Make sure you pick out and match the springs to struts for your needs. Follow their instructions to a T..... I truly believe people that have issues skip steps then they are posting how much coilovers suck because they make noise and pops...

If you go with the MM K-member id get the non-offset A-arms.

Users who are viewing this thread