K Guys need great advice for possesssssed car!!!

machslammer

Established Member
I recently went to a great tuner and while my car was being tuned, the datalogger kept kicking him out of his program while trying to tune it with a chip. So, he used a X CAL to tune the car and it ran fine and everything seemed ok. Then, he took the final two tunes and put them on the chip when he was done and put it in the car.. well now the car totally shuts down at 5k rpms. We think it is some kind of radio interference from a previous amp/sub install that was done improperly. Now that I have taped all showing wires and tightened all grounds the totally shutting down has became random. I ran it 6 times hard one day and everything was fine, and the next day it would do it in third gear but no other. Then at idle it dies sometimes, and even cruising at 65-75 the car dies but jump starts itself because in gear. Any suggestions? A bap was installed on this same day with a mafia. I took the chip out yesterday and running it on old tune(via predator) and it runs fine with it but now has a slight hesitation when I punch it down and don't pull near as hard as the new tune. Think it has something to do with bap or mafia with old tune? Think I should just have him put the two new tunes on x-cal? The only thing is I don't want to have to be switching via 15 min with xcal for motor tune and nitrous tune. Would rather have a chip... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

machslammer

Established Member
stall issue? Heard nothing of it.. please inform me. It will be a xcal2. It was used on my car during the dyno runs and worked great. What kind of stall issue? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread