K.B. non ic 8-9 p.s.i. ??

96supersnake

Established Member
is anyone running this set up on their 99-04 2v? just wondering if it is possible to run 9psi N/I with out going boom. $1,000 more for an I/C. is it worth it? or just stay 6psi. I WANT THIS SETUP JUST HOPING SOMEBODY HAS SOME TRUE FACTS . THANKS GUYS.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
yeah i would like to know to. I was talking to my dad about putting on one my car and he said (after he clames" i was bolting them things on when you was still shittn yellow") that if not tuned right you can blow out the bottom end of your motor. I have no clue about this subject and my dad seems to blow things out of porportion alota times so can a stock 2v handle a KB with no long or short term effects??? the KB site says it can but i want to hear it from people who dont make money off selling them.. thanks

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
IMO i would go with the intercooled setup no question, i think it would be worth the extra money since you will be on a stock bottom end. while you might be ok if you get a good tune and stay at a conservative psi why not have the extra piece of mind?

that being said i dont own a new edge GT so i dont have any first hand experience lol so i would get some opinions other than mine. but i just think when dealing with the stock internals you can never be too safe.

NMRARACER

Mod Muscle #10
Established Member
I won't tell you what a 2V will and won't do but I will give you some info and you can decide for yourself. 2V's have hyper pistons and pressed powdered rods that will take about 1000psi of cylinder pressure. A blown motor produces 2.65 psi per crank hp it produces Now a blower also creates and loses about 70hp that you never see due to friction of running the blower and heat caused by it. So if you have lets say a 350rwhp 2V GT that is really about 390 at the crank, now add the 70hp that is lost internally and you have 460crank hp 460 x 2.65=1219lbs of cylinder pressure. 1219psi in a cylinder can and will break ringlands among other things inside a 2V's unbuilt bottom end. Its not if, it is more a matter of when. It doesn't matter how great its tuned or how much timing you pull, you are simply creating conditions that those parts are not designed to withstand. good luck, hope this helps some.

Adam

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread