Justin wheeler group buy 200 amp alternator

Soap

Established Member
so it should be more like a big 5 lol
0g from alt positive to junction box and then from junction box to batt positive?

Well the short wire between the battery and junction box is already 4 AWG so it's not much of a bottle neck. The big issue is the main wire between the alternator and junction box. It's like 6 AWG then splits into two 10 AWG wires where the splice is for the green signal wire.

--Joe

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Got my wheeler alternator in today, and to my surprise, there is not a pulley on it... I wish I had known that these were coming without pulleys, and I'm sure Mr. Wheeler is assuming we can just pull our pulleys off of our old alternators and use it, but I don't have my old one as I returned it to oreilly's after burning up 3 of them back-to-back-to-back and just getting my money back to purchase this one.. I guess I'm just a little frustrated that I wasn't aware these would be coming without pulleys. It is what it is.

My car has been on ramps going on 25 days. Is there anyone here that has their old unit that I could steal their pulley off of or have one laying around? I'll PayPal money over for one.

If I were you I would be pissed too. Looking at the pictures in post #29 the alternators are pictured WITH the pulley's installed. I would contact Mr. Wheeler and get a pulley shipped out to you ASAP!

Even though it's a group buy you would figure for $350 it would come with a pulley :rolleyes:.

Users who are viewing this thread