just wondering

97cobrakick

Established Member
The other day me and a buddy were talking about the recalls on the 99 cobras, and it got me wondering what kind of recalls the SN 95s had (major or small). Ive only owned mine for a little over a year now, so maybe some of guys that have had yours longer could fill me in.

A couple of months ago I had to go by the dealer for a separate issue and found out that there was a recall on some 94-98s for a problem with the parking brake module or something. That and the overheating problem with the 96s are the only ones that I'm aware of.

Thanks in advance.

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
Yes,

Park brake
96 had cooling issues of course
and I can't remember if it is the sn95 or new edge cars, but one had issues with the rear seatbelt buckle or something.

other than these.. I am not sure of anymore off the top of my head.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
i have a 97 cobra, and i swear it runs at least 1 1/2 letter hotter then my other 97. I'm wondering if there were any 97s that needed the TSB. Heck it's even 40 degrees out and still its running almost up to the M on the NORMAL temp gauge. my other 97 only runs at about O.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
recall is over, the cheapest fiz is to switch to a 97 assembly, as it has the better condenser, I believe the 96 had too many fins on the condensor which prohibited enough air from circulating through it esp. in high temp. areas, I've had my car get hot and i just pull over, pop the hood let it keep running and let it cool itself off

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I believe it's waay too late to get the cooling system Recall done on the '96.

It never was a recall, so it really doesn't matter how long it's been. I think a recall can be effected up to ten years after the production date, but don't quote me on that. My point was, it could take someone a good 4 or 5 years to actualy see a serious problem with the cooling system, and the TSB is only good for the warranty period.

Sure, I have heard of some people making deals and what not, but it was a flaw in Ford's design of this cooling system, I already paid for a car that was supposed to cool properly, I shouldn't have to pay another penny for it.

I guess some owners had problems with their cooling systems right away, or they beat on theirs a lot harder than I did mine. I have lived in the sweltering heat and humidity of Louisiana for the entire time I have owned this car, and I only started having problems with it about 4 years in to owning it.

Last edited:

msm808

97' Slobra
Established Member
I have the entire TSB form on the parking break recall. From what I've read they have to take your e-brake completely apart and grind one of the teeth down on it. I've never had a problem and the process doesn't seem worth having ford ripe my car apart for.

Users who are viewing this thread