Just used clay bar on my car 2day

fondani302

Established Member
Man i was impressed i used mother clay bar then followed that with Meguiars no 7 glaze then finished with Meguiars no 26 wax....and im really impressed my true blue 01 Cobra looks awesome...it has a nice deep shine with a nice wet look....i strongly suggest this process...also did it all by hand...in my opinion nothin is better than an hand wax job... :banana:

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
fondani302 said:
Man i was impressed i used mother clay bar then followed that with Meguiars no 7 glaze then finished with Meguiars no 26 wax....and im really impressed my true blue 01 Cobra looks awesome...it has a nice deep shine with a nice wet look....i strongly suggest this process...also did it all by hand...in my opinion nothin is better than an hand wax job... :banana:
don't you mean a hand job?
as a waxa job is some oriental girl pulling your wang out, laying it on a table and then HI-YAKI!!!! karate chops the thing and wax shoots out of both your ears that my friend is a true wax job LOL
J/K :poke:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
trance_in_miami said:
Hand JOB! No waY MAN! :nonono: invest on a PC TRUST ME!! :bash:

there is Nothing like a Porter Cable Machine,
:bowdown:

I disagree. I think if you're reecovering a car from oxidation, trying to save a clear coat, or just plain dirty paint, you're right, but for maintainence and upkeep, the hand is the gentlest does the job perfectly.

Then again, it might have something to do with me still not knowing how to use a rotary without leaving hairlines all over :p

Scott P

Established Member
People have been detaling cars by hand long before the Porter Cable came along. Detailing by hand is more time intensive and takes more skill than using a random orboit machine like a PC 7424/7336. There are plenty of good detailers out there that refuse to use a machine.

With that being said, I own both a Porter-Cable 7336 Dual Action Polisher and a Makita 9227C Rotary Polisher. The PC is great as it does a very good job on the majority of paint defects you will come across. It is very safe and will not cause damage to your paint unless you use a very aggressive product and pad or drop the machine on the car.

The rotary polisher is a much more effective machine at removing paint defects such as scratches, swirls, sanding marks, etc. It is a tool that needs practice. You can dmage you paint with it. But, once you get to the point where you know what you are doing, it's fantastic.

fondani302

Established Member
I agree with SVThorsnake....for routine matinence doin it by hand is better because it is easier on the paint so less hard rubbing is needed....For paint that is faded or oxidized real bad then an orbital polisher would work best..

trance_in_miami

Established Member
thats why they created diffrent pads for diffrent things and liquids. your not going to use a cutting pad for the finishing wax. :rolleyes: I stay with what i said PC is best also becasue you want to add the finnest and thinest coat of wax/polish for better resutls.

everyone who has used the pc has no complain at all. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread