just traded my 2012 kona

Rct851

Established Member
If it wasn't on out beloved mustangs we would call it "rice"

Congrats on the new ride OP

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
congrats, but dude they're not recardos. They're recaros....No 'D' hahaha I got a good laugh from that. I thought in your original post it was just a typo, then you did it again lol. :beer:

couldn't stay away from blue could ya? DIB ftw

Recardos/ recaros. Whatever.
Haven't been around them long.
Blue is def my favorite color. Silver is next in line.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Did you save money bc you took out loan for 5-6yrs?

I was thing about trading in for a 13/14 as well but I would save money on my monthly payment as well but would have to take out 5-6yr loan and have less then 4 yrs now. I like GT's but if im going to trade my current GT in it would be for a boss or gt500 not another GT.

turbosha

Established Member
What are your plans for the new car?

Well i did the low slung car. And it scraped my driveway everytime.
Thinking of the drag look this time.
I wanted an auto for the sole purpose of the jpc single kit. No lift shifting.
So ill be doing the suspension first then rims and tires. Not even bothering with the cold air intake and such.going straight to the turbo kit

turbosha

Established Member
Did you save money bc you took out loan for 5-6yrs?

I was thing about trading in for a 13/14 as well but I would save money on my monthly payment as well but would have to take out 5-6yr loan and have less then 4 yrs now. I like GT's but if im going to trade my current GT in it would be for a boss or gt500 not another GT.

I went the same terms as my 12.
Savings was better interest and a good trade in offer.
I would like to think good negotiations also. I got him down 3k off asking price.
The last month of the last sales quarter is a good time to buy.

turbosha

Established Member
I thought you were trading for a 15'?

My wife and I talked about it. I will wait till they start showing up used. This was such a good deal. I got the premium for less than my brand new base........ and only 21k miles. Still smells new.

turbosha

Established Member
Thanks everyone. It really is a better car.
The voice command phone still blows my mind. Works great and my phone linked great.

Action Bronson

Established Member
Congrats...LOVE my auto premium '14.

Wish I had the extra coins for the CPR turbo kit :(

Funny story, when I was first looking to test drive the 13/14 GT's I made it clear to the dealer that I either wanted a premium model with an auto and brembos or a base car with auto brembos and recaros. He had no idea wtf "ricardos" were. Told me a few times that isn't an option offered from Ford. Then told me, who cares, get the base car and you can have "ricardos" installed for $500 down the street. That's when i laughed and walked out of there. Ended up custom ordering my 14 sgm premium and waited 6 painful weeks for it. Well worth the wait for a car exactly how I wanted it.

14 GT SGM, Auto, Premium, Brembos, back up camera = ftw

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
I have the gay ass horses too. When I first saw it I was like WTF??? You got to be kidding me!!

Everyone else turned out to be into it, lol

I think they are cool. A friend works at where they make them and got me some but being my car is a base, they don't work on my mirrors

5lho

Established Member
just a guess. 3900-4100

not even close. I have a loaded 12 with everything but auto and glass roof. Fully loaded with me and a full tank, it's about 3800 pounds, certified scale. 3680 on fumes with me in it, track scale. I'm a buck and a half.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
i got the base just for that reason.then i found the 10 spoke premium wheels and leather seat covers from roush.i can put race wheels on in summer.keep weight down.but i know the nav. and all that stuff in nice on road trips.

Users who are viewing this thread