Established Member
Just traded this:
lastMustang.jpg

For this:
F150.jpg

Wonder if a Boss 302 manifold will fit :-D

whoareyou

Established Member
What was the reasoning? Did you take a bad hit on the deal?

I live in NE Ohio and the Mustang sat in my garage the last 5 months. Just got sick of making a payment on something I wasn't driving. I sold my last F-150 about a month before I bought my house and have regretted it since, carrying 2x4s in a VW Rabbit wasn't cutting it.

Didn't take as big a hit as I thought I would. X-plan pricing and the great rebates Ford is offering right now helped. Plus my interest rate on the F150 is 3% lower than what I had on the 'Stang.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I live in NE Ohio and the Mustang sat in my garage the last 5 months. Just got sick of making a payment on something I wasn't driving. I sold my last F-150 about a month before I bought my house and have regretted it since, carrying 2x4s in a VW Rabbit wasn't cutting it.

Didn't take as big a hit as I thought I would. X-plan pricing and the great rebates Ford is offering right now helped. Plus my interest rate on the F150 is 3% lower than what I had on the 'Stang.

I was extremely surprised my 2011 5.0 stang got around w stock tires. We put 280# of sand in the back trunk. Def best mustang in snow I've ever had.. That auto w 3rd gear takeoff is the tits. Good luck op on your decision.

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
Nice truck! And you still got the same powerplant.

What every happened to the 6.2L engine? I haven't heard anything about it performance wise, only the 5.0L :shrug:

whoareyou

Established Member
Can't get a 6.2 in the FX4, only Raptor, Lariat, or Harley are available with it. If I were going to be hauling a horse trailer or something then maybe I would have went with it, but the 9,400LB tow capacity I get with the 5.0 is WAY more than I will ever use. Also for some reason the 6.2 is only available with a crew cab 5.5' bed truck. A dirt bike wouldn't even fit in that without the rear wheel hanging off the tailgate.

Last edited:

rexisme

Established Member
What are the rebates like now? I keep seeing 4k up to 5250. I'm getting ready to do the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread