just took my manifold of and found this

Cky

Established Member
us the oil supose to be there????here are some pic plz let me know

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I haven't seen any that didn't recirculate some oil. It doesn't look like more than any others I've seen. The car just has some miles on it right?

Cky

Established Member
yeah btw i have 70k miles on my car and um what should i do about that should i soak the oil up before i put the engine back togeter?

Teal95GT

Established Member
Totally normal, don't forget you have gases coming in from the EGR and the other two tubes connected to the valve covers (I'm drawing a blank as to their proper name).

Here's mine when I did my IMRC Cleaning.

P1010020.gif

Last edited:

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
quite normal, carb cleaner is a dollar a bottle and will take that stuff right off. when you get it back together make one of the oil separaters and run a can or two of seafoam through it.

LSWHAT??

Looks like a little much to me............... this is what mine looked like w/ 100k+ miles before I got around to cleaning it:

ActualCleaningIMRC.jpg

IMRC's and runner ports were nasty though!

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
Shangsta said:
why'd you take the manifold off? If its off you might as well clean it along with the imrc's then slap it back together and put on an oil seperator

the cover is only like 8 bolts so he isnt that close to getting down to the flappers. still quit a lot of work to go, but if you have the time i would say go for it. when i did it for the first time i had no clue of what i was doing. got it done in a few hours, now i can get down to the imrcs and back in no time.

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
just put down some old towels on the garage floor. when you go to take the coolant tube off just do it slowly and make sure you havnt driven in a few hours. it isnt a whole lot that comes out. just make sure to tope off the fluid when your done

Cky

Established Member
ok i am glad that was not a problem thats for all your help

SNAKEYE

Established Member
97riocobra2 said:
I'd like to clean mine but I'm not sure about the siphoning out the coolant part.
Siphon what!? DRAIN the radiator down as much as will come out (about two gallons). Extracting the cross-over tube is the really fun part, followed by lots of carb cleaner spraying. When refilling the cooling system, don't forget to fill the last quart or so thru the plug in the cross-over tube.

Users who are viewing this thread