Just starting the P&P on my intake

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Good luck with the EGR valve!!!! That MFer took me 45 minutes and a huge backache to get that bastard in. Here is a tip.... put the front bolt in the EGR valve and lightly tighten. Then...there is a bolt on the back of the intake manifold. Get a flathead screwdriver under it and pry up on the back end of the EGR valve until it lines up with the hole. Then using your other hand, put the back EGR bolt in and then begin turning it with a ratchet until it catches. Tighten down both after they are in. (The problem is to get the back bolt of the EGR valve to line up again) The rest of the installation is easy. It is the EGR. By the way, use carb cleaner to get the oil off the upper intake and throttle body. You will want to do this when you see underneath of the upper intake. They go on the internet and order the JLT oil separator for the driver's side valve cover and the Sean Hyland separator for the Passenger side cover. They will keep the oil out of the intake and from getting sucked into the motor. Good Luck... If you have any question.... simply ask..:coolman:

TRXboy

Established Member
Yeah that EGR is a bitch, If you can, have someone help you, It went much smoother once I had an extra set of hand's in there.

Much more mid range with the PHP.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I think he is talking about Port and polishing not the PHP spacer.

I did my intake awhile back. It takes time. I asked aton of questions from anyone who I could think.

It helped out a ton the the mid to upper ranges.

If I can help any let me know.

TRXboy

Established Member
Ahhh, you are right.

Reading just owned my ass.

Yeah, Ive been meaning to P&P my intake, but i can't be without a car, not to mention the money involved. One day thought.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
It took me about a week or so to get mine off, ported, then back on. Of course I probably dont do as good of a job as the pro but none the less it still was worth it.

You could probably buy a spare toport then sell your stock one.

ster!nn

Established Member
I'm cutting off the bottom and taking pictures tonight. I'll also be finishing up the upper as well. As much material as I've taken out - I've a feeling this just might put me close to the 300rwhp line. (No baseline dyno.)

Dyno tune and predator in June. *milehidyno in Castle Rock, CO.

Users who are viewing this thread