just some thoughts on new shelbys n such

lrall

Established Member
My buddy and i were talkin mustangs, and what we thought would be cool to see happen. Since the gt500 is a hog...no way around it we thought hmm put a diesel in a mustang, itd have all the torque you need and itd be cool. Mercedes has done it...just a note. and seeing the shelby GT we were wonderin where ford is goin with that. The key on this one is weight, but they can do too good of a job otherwise itll be light and fast and getting too close to gt500 territory, especially if it gets 350 hp like I think it should. I was also thinking it would be truely badass if they had a turbo 4.6 shelby, with fiberglass body panels. Overall shorten it up and make it actually HANDLE. maybe im talkin outta my ass but id think a smaller, lighter faster mustang would sell like stink, oh yes...the shelby gt looks BA...please ford...dont screw this one up, let me know what you think:pepper: :pepper: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: LR..go huskers!!

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
so you think the GT500 looks better than the Shelby GT huh? we'll some people might agree with you but for me i would take the GT500 over the Shelby GT. Alot of people are saying they should put the terminator engine in the new body and make it a GT350. But of course that will never happen. Diesel in a mustang, i would absolutely hate that. the Shebly GT wont be even close to the GT500 territory in my opinion. Ford will continue to produce mustangs and revive what they can, for example, the Boss 302, Shelby, Mach, and such. If we look further 3 years ahead, in 2010 there will be the challenger, camaro, and mustang. Im guessing ford will have alot of tricks up its sleeve. But if you think the camaro will revive GM, eh i highly doubt it. Overall just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread