Just sold my baby :(

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
So i just watched my baby drive off. Had that Cobra for 5 years, put tons of hours, money and sweat into it myself...babied it like it were family.

Man, i just know its just a friggin car, but seriously...anyone ever just loved a car so much that it really was actually tough to sell it and watch it drive off?

I know that i get the exciting prospect of choosing a replacement, but still...the immediate void after such a thing is always a little tough. Owned almost 6 sports cars now, and this one was one of the toughest to see go.

Sorry, just spilling my thoughts since their's no humans around to listen.

Oh well, here's to new toys :beer:

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
I secretly cried when i sold my 1973 Pontiac Formula Firebird. She wasnt anything special. She had a pontiac 350 (not chevy) Edlebrock performer intake, MSD 6A ignition, K&N filter, Holley carb, Hurst shifter. She is deff not as fast as my supercharged cobra however she would walk all over my bolt on 5.0 esp in midrang and top end.

sc98cbra

Established Member
I'm guessing the new toy will be either a termi or a Z06. As usual :p. I always thought you had a clean car. Have fun with the new toy. Deff need to get your @*s on here and keep us up to date!

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
A while back I HAD to sell my 98 Chrome Yellow on chrome 18" Saleens. I almost vomitted when I drove away it may me so sick to sell it. I also thought I was gonna be out of the scene for the for seeable future. I have always been a car guy then in that moment I only had a 98 Subaru:xpl: I was really lucky to get the car I have now it's not much but it's not a wagon lol. I can completely understant where you are coming from as soon as your butt hits the fabric of your next ride it will be all better lol. Best of luck on the hunt and let us know what you get.:beer:

Stavesacre21

Established Member
I knew the question about the replacement was inevitable, but the dark side has been whispering my name for years now.

Lookin to pick up a 2003 Yellow C5 vert with 6K miles on it. If not this specific one, one similar to it. I've yet to own a chevy, so it's new ground for me. Others have joked that it's not a Chevy...it's Corvette...as if it has different standards or something. :shrug:

regardless, i've already had a boatload of people ask why on earth i'm not looking at Z06's. It's quite simple...i've gotta have a convertible. I'd love the extra 50HP, but i'm not a track addict nor a mod freak, so the extra HP isn't worth it IMO.

I looked at SY 04 Cobras, but the prices are just too insane for a low mileage terminator right now. I mean, I really do love Cobras, but in the end it's crazy to ask $28K for 5 year old mustang with almost 30K miles. For the same price, i could get a fully loaded, every option 50th anniversay C5 vert with less then 10K miles. One was almost $40K new, one was $55K new. Seems like an obvious choice since I don't bleed entirely blue.

I'll be quite honest about one thing tho...I HATE vette owners and how pompous they are. I'm not even going to join a vette forum, and WILL continue to post here! :beer:

Wanna hear a real shocker? My 1997 Cobra cost me OVER 400 more then this 2003 vette is going to on insurance. Making sense to anyone else out there? I mean, seriously...

ok...flame suit...on.

Last edited:

sc98cbra

Established Member
Wow. My Insurance in 1000$ every six months with 1000$ deductible. I really dont understand why. The car is valued at 6000$. But who knows.

I drove a Corvette one time, I dont know if it was a z06 or not, it was when I first got my license. It was an auto with N02 in the back area. To me they are just too small for my 6ft ogre ass.

Sergio

Established Member
i know the feeling. i sold my 96 cobra almost 2 yrs ago after owning it for 9yrs. i loved that car but it was time to move on. luckily i had bought its replacement a month before selling. i didnt plan to get rid of it, but i rarely drove it as it was. ive been very happy with my c5 since though.

I drove a Corvette one time, I dont know if it was a z06 or not, it was when I first got my license. It was an auto with N02 in the back area. To me they are just too small for my 6ft ogre ass.

z06s are all 6 spd.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
I'll be quite honest about one thing tho...I HATE vette owners and how pompous they are. I'm not even going to join a vette forum, and WILL continue to post here! :beer:

ok...flame suit...on.

Why do you say you "hate vette owners"? I think it's kind of weird seeing you're getting one. The Vette forum isn't bad at all. I've been on for 10 years. There are some very knowledgeable guys on that forum. You should at least give it a shot.:beer:

Stavesacre21

Established Member
"hating vette owners" is more of a cliche' then an actual statement. I don't mean every one of them...i've just found that a lot of their sites i've already been to didn't seem all that welcoming. Maybe it's because i'm not 65...or the lack of an MD behind my name...I don't know. It just seemed a lot colder at the last two i checked out. I'm sure i'll keep looking, as i certainly need a place to gather info on it. Even if I do find a forum, i'm betting i won't be spending near as much time there as I will here. There's the true irony.

Speaking of, I found my vette. Put money down to hold it till i run back down there this week with the rest of the funds.

2002 Corvette Convertible. All options except F45 Real Time Damping (overated), 12 disc player and Z51 suspension. Sorry about the crudity of the pics...they're from a cell phone afterall...

3-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

Last edited:

Stavesacre21

Established Member
Thanks guys, that's what I always liked about the SN95 owners...always seemed to be the most grounded of the groups :beer: we never had to be the fastest or the newest car on the road, and we still loved the car for what it was. That's at least how i felt about mine.

appreciate the comments.

Last edited:

budman

Napalm sticks to kids !
Established Member
nice...

Thanks guys, that's what I always liked about the SN95 owners...always seemed to be the most grounded of the groups :beer: we never had to be the fastest or the newest car on the road, and we still loved the car for what it was. That's at least how i felt about mine.

appreciate the comments.

nice cars...just take some old advice...when you own a corvette be prepared to throw money down the drain !!!...that's what I was told with a 1994 with 32,000 miles...it leaked, problems with the tranny (6-speed), cat blew out...etc...!!!...everything cost aprox. 3-4 times what it should...they look nice, however take mucho denaro to keep on the road...any performance parts cost 4 times as much and just save the $$$ for silly repairs...GOOD LUCK...also yellow...?...taxi...?...way too in your face...my opinion...if I had the cash I would def. buy a Lingenfelter vette...black ofcourse !...:pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread