Just removed my pass side airbag, anyone does this if they have blown?

96cobrakid

Established Member
I am working on buttoning up a few small things on my 95 cobra and I just removed my pass side airbag. The metal supports inside the dash are slightly bent and moved from there original position. when i put a new bag in, do I need to just bang an bend them back into shape so the bag fits or do i need to replace the dashboard?

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
Just bend it back. I had to do put new bags in the GT a couple of weeks ago. I used a heavy mallet to pound it back into shape. It gets bent when the airbag blows. The airbag blows with such force that it bends the metal brace.

96cobrakid

Established Member
I figured Id try bending it back first, didn't know if it was going to fight me, sounds like it won't be too bad though. thanks guys. I don't have time to post pics right now, but do a search under my name in topics started. I have posted LOTS of pics of the car. I never posted any after the car was fixed after the wreck, but it looks just like it did after the paint job. Too bad its not even 1/5 the fun the Z06 is :)

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Yeah, I've driven some C5Zs before and they are a hoot. My '94 pales in comparison. You have the best color, too. Speedway White Zs = :dancing:

Users who are viewing this thread