Just received my new Verizon iPhone!!!

16kOrBust

Established Member
I had it shipped to work since no one was home to sign for it and I'm setting it up now. I know this isn't much of a thread but I'm extremely excited so I wanted to share.

Coming from a three year old Env2 with nothing but 450 minutes and 500 text messages, this upgrade is so far beyond anything I've ever had before it's not even funny. I had tested out some of the Droid phones but didn't really like the feel of them. The DroidX was the only one that really had most of the features/specs I wanted except that it was just way too big and thin feeling and I couldn't get used to it. Then just when I was about to give in, they announced the iPhone, so I held out a bit longer. So glad I did.

Anyways, I'm pumped. Time to get this thing up and running.

:banana:

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Too bad verizon sucks.
Enjoy

Sent with My Massive Johnson

16kOrBust

Established Member
Too bad verizon sucks.
Enjoy

Sent with My Massive Johnson

HA! I've been using AT&T at work for 5 years and Verizon for personal stuff for a little longer and around here AT&T's service sucks balls compared to Verizon. Not to mention their customer service is horrendous. I would have gone with a much lesser phone on Verizon before switching to AT&T. That company can blow me.

And no other carrier around here has anywhere near the coverage that Verizon does for voice or data, so there's really not another realistic option for how I'm gonna be using this phone.

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
I just got my new phone today. Found a place that would activate an old star tac. Great signal, huge battery, and raditation, all for less than the cost of a new itelephone.

bam

Established Member
HA! I've been using AT&T at work for 5 years and Verizon for personal stuff for a little longer and around here AT&T's service sucks balls compared to Verizon. Not to mention their customer service is horrendous. I would have gone with a much lesser phone on Verizon before switching to AT&T. That company can blow me.

+ ∞

Had Verizon for six years and in that time had 1 (one) dropped call that I can remember. Switched to AT&T a few years ago because money was tight and the comparable plan was cheaper. It's been nothing but garbage. Too many dropped calls to count, not to mention I actually get service maybe 70% of the time... in Charlotte! Planning to go Verizon iPhone soon.

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
In my area it's Verizon that sucks balls. I dropped 2-3 calls every day when I was with them. Then switched to ATT a few years ago and haven't looked back. The new iPhone4 is the shit.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
AT&T user here since late 90's before they went to Cingular and then when they went back to AT&T. Only dropped calls were the other persons fault (usually tMobile users). I cant remember the last time a call dropped. Only time i had an issue was inside the Luxor in Vegas, had shit data/text but calls would work. Kept getting multiple texts from verizon users in our group, but they had issues as well.

AT&T internet/broadsuck? Now they can blow me in that.

As for the iP4 on Verizon, i dont see the point. I wouldve waited for the iP5 that will have 4g (or equivalent or whatever the company calls it) connectivity. Pretty stupid to spend the $$$ on a 3g connection and be stuck with that for 2yrs when 4g is about to become the norm.

Last edited:

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
I was thinking about getting one also but saw something on the New Thunderbolt 4g from Verizon coming out, not sure if this is worth looking into or not?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Congrats on the new purchase!

For those waiting for a better phone to come out, when it does, you'll want whatevers coming next. Then you'll never be able to buy anything. Most smart phones have more capabilities than the average user needs. Just find one that feels right to you and does what you need.

I have an EnV touch and have one more year before I can upgrade. Looking forward to what's out then and hopefully 4G will be standard and kicking butt.

Also, I used to have tmobile and it was nothing but a PITA!!! Never had service when I went out of town and in one place I had to drive 30min to get service to call. Switched to Verizon and I have had service everyone I've been.

16kOrBust

Established Member
UPDATE: I just spent a while messing around with this phone and it kicks some serious ass. The touch screen responds much better than the Droids I've used and the video playback on the Youtube videos I was watching is significantly better than the DroidXs I watched the same videos on. This actually surprised me a little bit but there was visibly a big difference. I also like the shape/dimensions of this phone better, but that's just a personal thing that I knew before I bought it.

In my area it's Verizon that sucks balls. I dropped 2-3 calls every day when I was with them. Then switched to ATT a few years ago and haven't looked back. The new iPhone4 is the shit.
You have to go with what works for you in your area, assuming you can deal with the customer service level. Obviously it's gonna change from place to place. Around here, Verizon kicks ass and AT&T tends to drop calls on a regular basis.

As for the iP4 on Verizon, i dont see the point. I wouldve waited for the iP5 that will have 4g (or equivalent or whatever the company calls it) connectivity. Pretty stupid to spend the $$$ on a 3g connection and be stuck with that for 2yrs when 4g is about to become the norm.
I just needed to upgrade because I was sick of dealing with no data at all for years. This phone should be more than enough to do what I need for the next two years, not to mention there's nothing preventing me from buying a 4G phone and selling this one for a few bucks later if I feel like it. It seems like every time I'm close to an upgrade, the next big thing is about to come out and I wait. I just got sick of waiting around for the next best thing when there was a great phone ready to go and no solid details on when all this new network and new iPhone might come out.

Apple + Hype = sheep

Spoken like every person I know that hates on Apple having never actually owned an Apple product. I currently own Macs and PCs, iPods and non-Apple MP3 players, and have extensive experience with both iPhones and non-Apple phones (and now own both), and I can say without a doubt that they make quality products that kickass for the purposes I buy them for.

Maybe you've had your own bad personal experience, but telling someone who owns and has a great deal of hands on experience with products from all over the market that they are a sheep for buying a particular product just makes you look like a sheep yourself considering that phrase is used eight million times a day in magazine/newspaper articles and Facebook posts.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
to be honest I was excited, till I got to toy around with an iphone...
think I'll just wait for my upgrade and get a droid. free apps FTMFW!
And AT&T bites the huge one in New England.
I can go up into the mountains in VT, plenty of service.
Stuck in boston traffic, gots service.
And verizon ended up MUCH cheaper.
AT&T wanted a $250 down payment just to start service...
and the cheapest phone was some POS for $100.
Verizon had no startup fee, and a $90 phone with a $50 instant rebate.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
UPDATE: I just spent a while messing around with this phone and it kicks some serious ass. The touch screen responds much better than the Droids I've used and the video playback on the Youtube videos I was watching is significantly better than the DroidXs I watched the same videos on. This actually surprised me a little bit but there was visibly a big difference. I also like the shape/dimensions of this phone better, but that's just a personal thing that I knew before I bought it.

I think a more apt comparison would be the Epic, not the X. Congrats on the new toy, I just picked up my Epic last week. It wasn't that my old phone was such a POS, it did everything I asked it to....slowly, I was more suprised at how well the new phones do almost everything. Hopefully you are having the same type of experience.

<little kid voice on> btw....my phone is better than yours <little kid voice off>

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
to be honest I was excited, till I got to toy around with an iphone...
think I'll just wait for my upgrade and get a droid. free apps FTMFW!

You can get free apps on an iPhone too. Its called a jailbreak.

It requires the same effort to get freebie apps as an Android based phone.

I do feel the iP4 was a letdown. Plus its form factor leaves much to be desired. I like the curviness of my 3G over the edges of a 4G.

Users who are viewing this thread