Just received my JBA headers,hpipe and catback today

Zman04

Established Member
Well I just received my Titanium Mid length headers,3" h-pipe with cats and 3" catback from JBA.I am still trying trying to decide which gaskets to use. Jba says to use theirs but I have did some research about using the oe gaskets. My car only has 800 miles on it should I still buy new oe gaskets if I decide to go that way? Any tips on installing? Is it best to drop the kmember or just jack up the motor? Am I going to need 02 extensions? Any advice would be great!

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Sorry I can't help you .. I've been trying to find information on the JBA stuff .. where did you get yours at?

thanks,
Crowley

Zman04

Established Member
I actually sell their product. I work at a wholesale distrbutor. I would call Jba and they can maybe steer you to someone in your area.Ask for Alex very nice guy 1-800-830-3377.

Zman04

Established Member
C'mon guys any advice on the gaskets and or to go with stage 8 bolts. I only want to do this once.

Hye

Established Member
i would always recommend stage 8 bolts, just added insurance ya know. i put flp longtubes on my 98 SS back in the day and made sure to use stage 8 bolts and brand new oem gaskets (instead of the ones they provided)

hope this helps

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Zman ..

So the JBA stuff is 3 inches from the midpipe to the catback? How about through the mufflers .. still 3 inches? DO they have a catted 3 inch midpipe?

thanks,
Crowley

Zman04

Established Member
It is 3" all the way through the mufflers. Yes I have the 3" catted h-pipe. I am hoping it will tone it down a little. I have a vert so I didnt want it just obnxiously loud.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Damn that is sweet. Do you have any pics of the system? I have looked at JBA before online but no one seems to have good pics of their products.

What do their instructions say about how to install? My bassani headers said something about jacking the motor up a little to get to the bolts. Some get leaks with this method. I had mine installed by dropping the front suspension. This was a costly procedure but I have never had any kind of leak. This was the only way the ford tech would do it cause he didn't want me coming back.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Zman04 said:
It is 3" all the way through the mufflers. Yes I have the 3" catted h-pipe. I am hoping it will tone it down a little. I have a vert so I didnt want it just obnxiously loud.

Thanks .. just checked the prices and stuff off of the JBA site .... WOW .. expensive ..

thanks,
Crowley

Zman04

Established Member
Don"t go off there prices. That is way inflated, do some searching you can find it much better.That is a made up suggested msrp.

Zman04

Established Member
Well after a few days I am almost done with the header install. Isn't real fun. Question if I have the rear 02 turned off with a RWTD tune do I even need to have the o2 sensors in the rear or can I just plug them?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I just installed JBA Shorties and it was a nightmare, even with the trans out. Hopefully they never have to come off. I used the Stage 8 bolts, but it's about impossible to get the locking tabs on so I left them off. Stock gaskets work fine with these headers.

Users who are viewing this thread