Just received Cervinis Stalker II Hood. Very unhappy

Quad4_72

Established Member
So I just got it today. Was all excited. Upon first glance, the thing looks sweet.
Hood 1.jpg

But then upon further inspection, I see a bunch of streaky crap:
Hood 2.jpg

The paint job is botched. Not to mention they didn't include the vent pods either. Really poor stuff. I think I am gonna just return it and get a refund.

stags

Established Member
I had a type IV on my 09. The vent pods is be miffed about but the damage is most likely from shipping. My first one was crushed. My advice is get a blank one shipped and have it painted by a local shop, I wouldn't have traded mine for the world.

pickles

Established Member
This is why I got mine painted locally. Rolling the dice shipping a painted part like that with poor packaging.

Quad4_72

Established Member
Ok so here is the response from Cervini after I sent them the image:

Those marks are actually the adhesive residue from the protective
film. You can sit the hood in the sun for a few hours to get it to warm up.
Then wash it with a mild soap and water solution. Make sure that the soap
does not have any waxes in it. The marks will disappear within a few days.
If you still have them in a few days let me know. If you have any questions
contact me anytime.

I had originally thought that might be the case too but when I tried wiping them off they seemed rather permanent. I will give their method a try and see what results I get.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
YeaH mIne had that to but after a few washes it was gone. Did you get the other side painted?

Last edited:

Quad4_72

Established Member
YeaH mIne had that to but after a few washes it was gone. Did you get the other side painted?

No I held off on it. I don't think it looks too bad, but we will see once I have it installed :) They also "forgot" to tell me that the matte black louvers for the heat extractors are on back order so it will be a bit before I can install.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
No I held off on it. I don't think it looks too bad, but we will see once I have it installed :) They also "forgot" to tell me that the matte black louvers for the heat extractors are on back order so it will be a bit before I can install.

Make your own while you wait, i think that would be a great project!

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
I always order my hoods unpainted and get local shops to paint and put them on....this way if your not happy with the finished product they have to repaint or fix what ever the fkups are before you pay....I had a gt500 wing in gb prepainted from cjpony and it was perfect...much smaller package then a hood though...feel for you man...prolly best to take it to a local shop and ask wherever you bought it from to give you some money back aswell...or even better pay in full for the repaint.

vortecd

Established Member
Sounds like you were real quick to throw Cervinis under the bus without trying what they asked you to. They should of told you about the vents but I don't think they deserved to have a thread title "very unhappy"

I have bought two hoods from them and they both were awesome. I don't know of another glass hood company that makes better stuff

Quad4_72

Established Member
Sounds like you were real quick to throw Cervinis under the bus without trying what they asked you to. They should of told you about the vents but I don't think they deserved to have a thread title "very unhappy"

I have bought two hoods from them and they both were awesome. I don't know of another glass hood company that makes better stuff

I don't think so. If this kind of thing happens often they should have come with a disclaimer about possible residue from the plastic and a solution. We will see if the solution works. I hope so.

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Hope their solution works. Yeah, the stock Edelbrock tune was bad. Got one one from Brenspeed and everything is good now. Love the boost.

Users who are viewing this thread