Just put 39# Injectors in. Can stock MAF be tuned for it?

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
So like the tag says, I just swapped in 39lb 04 cobra injectors. Mine were going and I got terminator ones for $80 so it seemed like a good idea. Anyway I'm obviously running rich as hell now. I was wondering if the stock MAF can be tuned for the new injector flow rate or do I need a new MAF? Also what about wiring a resister in line with the signal wire to trick my cars computer instead of buying a new MAF? I think that's basically what the diablo Mafia does but for $200 instead of $2

ESVEETEE

Established Member
Maf is irrelevant to injectors. You can tune for the injectors. You only have to change your maf if you exceed its range of air flow. A reputable tuner or you with the pro racer package could easily adjust your tune for this

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
ok I just gave my local tuner a call and I'm waiting to hear back from him. I was under the impression that the PCM adjusted the injector flow rate based off input from the MAF and upstream O2 sensors. So I thought its the MAF that gets tuned to account for a new flow rate not the PCM

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
ok I just gave my local tuner a call and I'm waiting to hear back from him. I was under the impression that the PCM adjusted the injector flow rate based off input from the MAF and upstream O2 sensors. So I thought its the MAF that gets tuned to account for a new flow rate not the PCM

Common misconception.. Injectors have nothing to do with the maf in the tune.. High/Low Slope and Breakpoint..

Users who are viewing this thread