Just purchased a Kenne Bell!

jangocast

Established Member
Well guys I took the plunge and got a good deal for a kenne bell. My question is what pulley combo should i go with for maximum power?

Current Mods are:
JLP Built Block
JLP Stage 2 Heads and Cams
JLP intake and Thunder Pipe
100 Zex Nitrous shot
8# lower
2.73 upper
Ported Steig Blower
100% stock exhaust(got a slight exhaust leak from headers mating to the block)

On 93 pump gas, put down 451RWHP and 535RWTQ off spray
On 93 pump gas, put down 536RWHP and 651RWTQ on spray

This was at 13-14 pounds of boost.

OK now I'm wondering when I throw this thing on what kind I boost should I go with on my stock exhaust? I want to open it up eventually but right now I don't have the cash. I know I will need a Heat Exhanger from somewhere atleast, but I do want to get a JLP sheetmetal intake and Throttle Body.

Anyways let me know what you guys think! Thanks

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I would think (Could be wrong) at around 16psi, you should be around your spray numbers. Dont know about the stock exhaust though. Make sure you get a good tune, either way.

The Swede

How long is a string ?
Established Member
Well a T/B is a must, and a JLP plenum is always nice. Start at 16 psi and then do exhaust. What have you done to the tranny ?

supeg

Established Member
How the heck are you only getting 13 - 14 pounds of boost with these mods?

8# lower
2.73 upper
Ported Steig Blower

Doesnt the 2.73 upper add 2 pounds of boost?

I know better flowing heads take down the boost a bit, but Im running a 6 lower and ported eaton and I see 16# of boost...

Also you numbers are pretty crappy for a built block with those mods, and why the heck are you only making 85 hp with your 100 shot of nitrous? I made 86 hp with my 75 shot....

You should get your problems worked out before you put the Kenne Bell on...

Whats your a/f and timing at on your current dyno numbers?

jangocast

Established Member
Well when I talked to Johnny he explained to me the engine ports are honed so much, that is why I am only seeing 13-14 pounds. Says that this blower and my exhaust/throttle body is such a restriction right now that when I open them up I will probably see a 75 HP increase.

My tune is very conservative, A/F is at 11.4 on street tune and 11.6 race tune. I can't remember what the timing is off the top of my head..it is conservative tho.

jangocast

Established Member
Alright guys got the KB put on with some JLP traction bars. Looking to do throttle body, full exhaust, and the sheetmetal plenum next.

KB at 15 pounds of boost no spray:

531HP and 663TRQ

Johnny told me he didn't want to spray on it because of the stock exhaust and building up heat in the cylinders so I was cool with that. Next step is exhaust, different upper pulley for 18#s and 100-150 shot! Can''t wait.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
"100% stock exhaust(got a slight exhaust leak from headers mating to the block)"

these trucks dont come with headers.....

Just because you have a built block does not mean that it wont blow up..That engine has to be able to breath.Stock mainifold is good up to 500hp...Now ,by looking at your numbers I think it would be wise before adding any more boost to do your exhaust. Good luck.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
KenneSVT said:
Without spray, on 16lbs i put 520/612 down on a stock block.
Have you taken it to the track yet?I want to see what it runs.I thought I was pushing my stock block. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread