Just purchased a ford racing supercharger need help.

kowalmustang

Established Member
I just bought a used ford racing supercharger. It comes with a 3.625 pulley. Just wondering what psi that pulley is good for. Also going to be tuned by AED and Shaun said to keep it under 10psi. What pulley and CAI would get me there? With it doing about 10psi are the LU47 maxed out. From what I have heard the CAI would give me an extra 1psi. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

KG145.0

Established Member
Is this on a 2.3 supercharger? If so.. that's about a 6lb pulley. Those injectors should do just fine.. I have a 3.25 and I see about 8-9 with stock air box

Last edited:

Vert

Established Member
I run a 82mm or 3.25 with the jlt big ass intake and 47lbers and make 10psi. That's with no boost a pump and the injectors aren't maxed yet, but I'm not going to push it back anymore unless I change the injectors.

kowalmustang

Established Member
Thanks, so I guess the 3.25 pulley should be good. Is 10psi still safe. The reason I am asking is because I like to get on the throttle. Also what % are your injectors running at with 10psi? Do you have cats on your car?

Vert

Established Member
I'm running cats and if you are going to run a closed air box, you won't see 10lbs. This is my second boosted Stang running 10lbs and no issues so far. If I remember right my injectors were in the 80% range.

5lho

Established Member
Shaun's going to tune a car with 47 lbers? I thought he had a moment of moral outrage and refused....at least he did for me after my Vortech install.

Vert

Established Member
Shaun's going to tune a car with 47 lbers? I thought he had a moment of moral outrage and refused....at least he did for me after my Vortech install.

I think he will but with a closed air box and a larger pulley

kowalmustang

Established Member
I don't see why he wouldn't tune with lu47 that's what comes with the blower. So far he just wanted for me to find out what pulley makes what boost since he doesn't work with Whipple
that often.

5lho

Established Member
I think he will but with a closed air box and a larger pulley

That's what I had (stock pulley and airbox) and I was aiming for a low-stress setup in the 500 range. Maybe just sand in the...on that day. No one else was concerned, as long as I spec'd the rev limit at stock, which was fine by me, given my goals.

Users who are viewing this thread