Just picked up new COBRA ...couple questions???

VENOM650R

Established Member
Just got home from picking up my Black '03 COBRA Coupe 10th ANNIV.. I love that boooost and SC whiiiiine. So far, no pull to the right, no vib over 80 mph, no clunk, no tick, no TOB squeal...65 miles so far! LOL! I'll post pics with my other snake next week. Anyway, I've definitely got to get a catback and CAI. I can't hear the stock exhaust. Need best sound and rolled tips. What's best? Where in DFW area is the best aftermarket COBRA shop to purchase and have installed? WHAT IS THE BREAK-IN PROCEDURE? THANKS :burnout: This is an awesome car!

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Wow, an 03cobra and 98Venom 650R? Thats awsome. I love the viper. Please post some pics of both cars. I can send you a video of my bassani exhuast, I think that has one of the best sounds. Have you dyno'd your viper?

BAD03SVT

Established Member
take it easy about 500 and then commence stomping. since you have a viper and 03 you might has well go for best exhaust. go with something like bassani. most people like the K&N cold air kit. I just have the stage I kit from Amazon Racing and it rocks. get us some pics of both together man.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Vipers are sweet, probably would have bought one instead of the 03 but the Mustang modibility took me to the dark side!

VENOM650R

Established Member
Thanks for the responses so far. Sounds like Borla Stingers for me. Are all the CAIs for the COBRA routed to the fender well...I thought I read a post and someone said not to get one routed to the fender well for some reason.? Also, where is the blue stripe on the newer tickless heads...build date on my door post is 6/03...where can you find engine build date?:shrug: Also, what oil are u guys using...anyone using Mobile1?

Last edited:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I would not take my car to any of the local performance shops around here in DFW. Get the best deal from a group purchase and install it yourself, or take it to a good local muffler shop. Pretty much all aftermarket catbacks and midpipes are bolt ons. I know a good family owned muffler shop I would recommend, but it is close to Garland...

VENOM650R

Established Member
Originally posted by VENOM650R
Thanks for the responses so far. Sounds like Borla Stingers for me. Are all the CAIs for the COBRA routed to the fender well...I thought I read a post and someone said not to get one routed to the fender well for some reason.? Also, where is the blue stripe on the newer tickless heads...build date on my door post is 6/03...where can you find engine build date?:shrug: Also, what oil are u guys using...anyone using Mobile1?

Anybody know where the blue stripe is and engine build date?:shrug:

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Gotta Black 10th as well, and love it more and more everyday. Congrats on the new car!!!

I was thinking the same things as you and have just modded my car with the Borla Stinger kit (plenty loud) and the K&N Aircharger CAI, which BTW increases blower whine as well. Very nice! Check out my sig below for more detailed pics of both.

Can wait to see the pics of your two snakes, enjoy the car. :)

VENOM650R

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra10th Anniv
Gotta Black 10th as well, and love it more and more everyday. Congrats on the new car!!!

I was thinking the same things as you and have just modded my car with the Borla Stinger kit (plenty loud) and the K&N Aircharger CAI, which BTW increases blower whine as well. Very nice! Check out my sig below for more detailed pics of both.

Can wait to see the pics of your two snakes, enjoy the car. :)

VERY NICE! Thanks for the pic! Gonna get those. LOUD is good and so is more whiiine...I like to shift by exhaust note so I can keep my eyes on the road! Mind if I ask what the Borla kit and K&N CAI cost? I'll definitely post pics of the SNAKES as soon as I get time to figue out how to do it on this Board. Hope it's similar to the process I already know on the VCA Board. First I have to read my COBRA owners manual, go over the car and inspect everything, fluids, etc. and wash and wax...there goes the rest of my vacation! Thanks again!

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
THE BLUE STRIP ON THE HEAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TICK. Don't even worry about it, it will just get confusing. It has nothing to do with when the head was made.

Users who are viewing this thread