Just picked up first cobra

Fred03ss

Established Member
Hey what's up everyone just picked up a 2003 black cobra vert with high miles. After reading a ton of posts on this site I took the gamble on this car. It has 197k miles it's a one owner out of Tennesee and bone stock down to the exhaust. I live in Boston and came across this deal and ended up picking it up for $10,500. The car has a brand new ram hdx clutch and a ton of recent maintenance done. The car is in really good shape also. What do you guys think.

Fred03ss

Established Member
770e1570fe5a5e37760d0425b2fecd5d.jpg
7db441a19ac42cb0d9ea444dfc8b17b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildman97

Established Member
Looks like it was well cared for and definitely enjoyed by the owner, considering the miles. Congrats and enjoy!

Fred03ss

Established Member
5a6088493d6deaf9c19e5a1d55d27538.jpg

Here's a pick of engine and yes got the car off craigslist in Cranston RI . The owner traded the car in for a new coyote.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Wow that's a ton of miles, not the highest, but high for sure. Good luck with it, on stock boost and if good oil was used and changed regularly, these engines will run forever. The T56 on the other hand might be ready for some love though, assuming it's never been opened.

Edit - Do you know if that's still the original top? I can't imagine it is, but you never know.

Steve1578

Established Member
Nice pick up! For 10.5k, you can throw a rebuild on the engine of it went and still be in good position.

Fred03ss

Established Member
Thanks everyone on commenting on the car. I have a built 88 foxbody and I've always wanted a cobra since they came out. I'm sure that the top has been replaced at some point because it's in real good condition. The only thing I need to do asap is throw and exhaust on it for sure. Svtperformance is the best forum I've ever seen online!

dom418

Established Member
Wow! At least he enjoyed the car instead of being afraid to put miles on it. It looks like it's in great shape. Original owner and looks stock

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats. Nice pick up. Looks well cared for with those miles enjoy.

04Cobra03

Established Member
Looks really nice and I bet it will be fine. Nice thing is, you wont have to worry about how many miles you put on it. Thats great. Congrats. 1 owner and stock to me is are great indicators that it will be fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread