Just picked up an '01 (Any owners in Central Florida area?)

smokedbystang

Established Member
Man I love this car. This is my first Cobra. I have had numerous 5.0's in the past but now I want to start modding the '01. Where is a good place to start? I know I am going to do 3.73 gears and a Steeda shifter. What should be next?

Any Cobra owners in Central Florida area????

:D :D

wildosvt

Established Member
you said 3.73 gears some guys are going to :kaboom:
they will swear by the 4.10's.If your gonna do it do it right the first time.

smokedbystang

Established Member
I thought about 4.10's but wasn't sure which to go with. Maybe I will do the 4.10's. I know they were a bit much for the 5.0's but they are probably perfect for the cobra. This will be my daily driver.

thanks for the info.

Ken

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by smokedbystang
I thought about 4.10's but wasn't sure which to go with. Maybe I will do the 4.10's. I know they were a bit much for the 5.0's but they are probably perfect for the cobra. This will be my daily driver.

thanks for the info.

Ken

I just put 4.10's in mine, I would'nt go any less than that. If I didn't open track my car, I would have gone with 4.30's. Unless you do a ton of fast interstate driving, go with more gear.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I say it depends, if you want to add a power adder later I would go with 3.73's. First gear is pretty useless to me unless I have warmed DR's on the back and I have 3.73's. I would hate to see it with 4.10's. If you are going to run at the track a lot and plan on getting a power adder then I would get the 4.10's.

smokedbystang

Established Member
I definitely will be going with a supercharger and it will see limited track time. Decisions...decisions... I need a beer!

that was one thing about my 5.0's. I knew exactly what to do to get 500 hp and running great for a street driver. I do not know much about the 4.6's but it can't be that much different (hopefully)

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by smokedbystang
I definitely will be going with a supercharger and it will see limited track time. Decisions...decisions... I need a beer!

that was one thing about my 5.0's. I knew exactly what to do to get 500 hp and running great for a street driver. I do not know much about the 4.6's but it can't be that much different (hopefully)

If you won't be going to the track that much I would go with the 3.73's then.

Users who are viewing this thread