Just Picked Up A Cobra Last Night

sonicblustreak

Established Member
I just grabbed a Red on Grey Cobra last night. This is my fourth Cobra. It has 46k miles on it, with some mods being done to it. It has some type of cam, with a decent chop to it, a Jacobs electronic box(which I assume is for the ignition), BEAR sloted rotors, bolt in roll bar, and unknown gears in the rear. This is my question-if I am doing 60 mph @2500 rpm's, anyone know what gear that would be? 4.10? 3.73? Thanks.

sonicblustreak

Established Member
275/40/17 is the tire size. The gear is already in the car. When I go 60 mph on the interstate, I'm turning 2500 rpm. I'm trying to determine what gear this would be in the car. thanks.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
275/40/17 is the tire size. The gear is already in the car. When I go 60 mph on the interstate, I'm turning 2500 rpm. I'm trying to determine what gear this would be in the car. thanks.

he meant what gear is the transmission in , 1,2,3,4,or5

red95gts

Established Member
Jack the rear end of the car up and put the car in neutral. Mark the rear tire at the 12:00 position and rotate the driveshaft by hand. Count the number of times you have to turn the driveshaft to get one full revolution on the tire. The result is your gear ratio.

Good Luck

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Jack the rear end of the car up and put the car in neutral. Mark the rear tire at the 12:00 position and rotate the driveshaft by hand. Count the number of times you have to turn the driveshaft to get one full revolution on the tire. The result is your gear ratio.

Good Luck

+1.... just make sure both rear tires are off the ground.

1 complete rotation of the tire to 4 rotations of the driveshaft = 4.10
1 tire to 3 3/4 driveshaft = 3.73
1 tire to 3 1/2 driveshaft = 3.55
etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread