Just picked up a '96 Cobra

BradJ

Established Member
Just picked this baby up a few days ago...wasn't really looking for a car, just sort of fell in my lap. '96 with 24k miles, bone stock...paid $8k for it.

She's in pretty good shape, interior is great, runs really strong. Only bad part is it was sitting outside (with shitty weather here in WA) for like 6 months, undriven due to a bent rim. I have about 6 hours into cleaning it so far, with quite a few more to go. There's this black shit all over it that is a pain to get off and leaves some residual marks. :cuss: Hopefully a good polish will take care of that.

Anyway, here's some crappy pics for now, I'll upload more once I get her looking respectable. But I'm loving it so far!! :beer:

IMG_1944.gif

IMG_1946.gif

IMG_1947.gif

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Wow 8k for a 24k mileage cobra... damn thats a sweet deal. You sure theres nothing wrong with it.

BradJ

Established Member
Wow 8k for a 24k mileage cobra... damn thats a sweet deal. You sure theres nothing wrong with it.

Well the previous owner did throw it into a curb, bent this shit out of the front right wheel. I inspected the suspension and nothing looks bent or broken. The trim piece behind the wheel busted off, and there is a slight dent in the body behind the wheel, but it's underneath the car. Title is clean, carfax came back clear.

So other than the rim and sitting outside for so long, everything seems okay. It drives really well, motor seems strong. There's a slight drivetrain vibration between 2k-3k rpms, but that's it...

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
vibration at 2-3k? wierd... but yea man hopefully only what u mentioned is wrong.. if so.. u straight robbed that guy!

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Damn man...that's a STEAL no matter what's bent. A good cleaning, clay bar, polish with Porter Cable and wax will do it well. Can't wait to see more pics!!! Let us know if we can help ya with anything man!!!! :thumbsup:

BradJ

Established Member
thanks guys...yeah I know the front plate holder is nasty, I'll be fixing that soon.

I think the first thing I'm gonna do is some FMS B springs and anthracite FR500 wheels :)

SgtMike

Lurker
Established Member
Damn! 8k for a 24k mileage cobra. Even with a bent rim and a couple fixes needed that is a steal! Congrats and nice cobra :)

JasonSnake

Established Member
very nice! She's a virgin too.

many of us paid twice the price for twice the mileage, at least I did 3 years ago. $13k for 53k miles

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
you could fix the rim and sell it right now in a few days and make a few grand..you got a great deal ...on a low mile car, use the money you saved for upgrades!

SpittingCobra

Established Member
There's this black shit all over it that is a pain to get off and leaves some residual marks. :cuss: Hopefully a good polish will take care of that.

What are you trying to take it off with?

I'm a detailer. DON'T TRY TO POLISH THINGS OFF!!! I see this all the time and all it does is scratch the paint.

You'll end up paying me to buff it out!

I'll let you in on a little secret. Laquer thinner. If you're clear coat is in good shape, this will take almost anything off, no problems.

Only use clay bar if you absoluley have to! It will scratch too.

Users who are viewing this thread