Just picked my Cobra up from the Rail Yard

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
VOPC said the car left the plant 9/16, scheduled delivery to Dealer week of 9/23. Call the dealer today and they told me it was in Mesquite (suburb of Dallas), where all the cars come in from the train and are shuttled to the individual dealers. I asked when to expect it at the dealership and they told me Wed. or Thurs. :eek: I told them Mesquite was only 20 miles away, can't we drive over and get it, the salesman said no. I said BS to that, I know you can pick it up from the Rail Yard - people have done it. Next thing I know the bigwigs at the dealership said that was an option. So I went at lunch and picked it up, all dirty from transport, plastic covering all the seats, shipping tape still on it, and a whopping 3.0 miles on the odometer. Got pictures of all this. Drove it back to the dealership to check for vibration, pull, ect. It does pull to the right slightly... Anyway, it is in makeready now, and I pick it up after work. Wow - it looks great, even dirty.

FLBuckeye

Established Member
Congrats !! You are the first I've heard of picking it up EARLY !!
Awesome !! Make sure you test drive it on level roadway, I noticed recently that some of the roads down here are more choppy and angled so it will pull if I let it, but on level highway it is dead straight !!
Congrats again ...enjoy !!
PS
I think someone modded the eyes with red nail polish !

ronreid03

Established Member
When you get the car check it for "rail dust." On a dark car it appears as light specks (so my body shop manager told me). On a light car it appears as dark specks. (I have a yellow convertible). When I got my car it was covered with tiny black specks. The dealer said this was rail dust. The detailers took it off using a clay bar and now the car looks great.

Congratulations on the new Cobra!

Ron

B-O-B'03

Established Member
DD2000GT,

My sales guy told me I could go get my car in Mesquite too (his idea, he wants to close the deal before the end of the month).

Where in Mesquite is the rail yard?

VOPC says my car was shipped on the 19th, wonder if it will show up at the yard on the 26th, that would be sweet, goin' camping this weekend and it would be nice to take the new vert on a road trip. I would just have to tell the wife she can pull the camper.

And,

Where are those pics you took?

Congrats on the car.:beer:

-B

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
The lot is on the corner of Big Town and Forney Rd. Basically go South on Big Town from I-30 for about two miles, and it's on your left. Your saleman has to go with you and bring some papers from the dealership.

I took the pics, but have no way to host them...

coleman

Established Member
awesome! another '03 Cobra and Garland is just a few miles from me!
what color?

brings back memories of my first day! ... i'm sure you'll do better than me cuz this is/was my first manual... hell, i stalled the damn thing no less than 30+ times in the dealership parking lot :(
good thing everyone was long gone being 11pm

i was trying to get going in 3rd ... geez!

oh well, new MODs waiting for me at home :)

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Originally posted by DD2000GT
The lot is on the corner of Big Town and Forney Rd. Basically go South on Big Town from I-30 for about two miles, and it's on your left. Your saleman has to go with you and bring some papers from the dealership.

I took the pics, but have no way to host them...

Thanks for the info. I will make the salesman drive me out there, then I can drive the car back to McKinney by my self:D

If the pics are not too big you can just attach them to a post.

What color did you get? coupe or convertible?

-B

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
That is about as new as you can get besides getting it off the end of the assembly line...

Been driving it all afternoon - this car is fun as heck. Does pull to the right though, oh well.:-D

Orange Poison

Established Member
Oh SH$T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting mine Thursday or Friday, my delivery date was 9/23/02 too.

I'm about to piss my pants!!!!!!:eek:

Congrats! That's the lowest miles I've ever seen on the ODO.

Elliotness

Established Member
SHWING!!!!!!!

Awesome!

Mine arrived tonight at the dealership... Haven't even sat inside a 03 Cobra yet. Gonna be a great day tommorrow.:beer:

Ricers beware.

lifter213

Established Member
Congrats man! My salesman called me today and said I could go pick mine up at that exact same place!!! He said it would probably be Wed before it could be shipped to the dealership. I couldnt get off work today so I just told him I'd wait till Wed. This makes me really want to just go and get it now :bash: I've already taken Wed, Thurs, & Fri off so I'll probably call him Wed morning and if its not at the dealership i'll go get it myself. I'm cursed, I ordered mine July 2 and still dont have it :cuss: Oh well it could be worse. Congrats again :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread