just made mine a lil more fun to drive

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
not faster, or tighter in the corners...more fun for just running around town...

after being spoiled with Bluetooth in my DD I was gonna update my current Eclipse system in the vert to add an adapter to stream Pandora/Slacker/phone etc...but instead I ditched my whole system and couldnt believe I could walk out of Bestbuy with a new Alpine headunit that does everything I want for $129.00....second best mod yet, right behind 410s install.......which prob didnt make it any faster either, but also made it more fun......

that is all......you can now resume your go-fast posting.....

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
not faster, or tighter in the corners...more fun for just running around town...

after being spoiled with Bluetooth in my DD I was gonna update my current Eclipse system in the vert to add an adapter to stream Pandora/Slacker/phone etc...but instead I ditched my whole system and couldnt believe I could walk out of Bestbuy with a new Alpine headunit that does everything I want for $129.00....second best mod yet, right behind 410s install.......which prob didnt make it any faster either, but also made it more fun......

that is all......you can now resume your go-fast posting.....

I know what you mean, I have been wanting to upgrade my headunit but cant bring myself to it because I have other mods on my list that kind of mean more to me right now. I was lucky when I bought mine as it had a kenwood unit, and a alpine amp for the door speakers. Unfortunately, kenwood is not Bluetooth... One day I guess...

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've been needing to swap out the head unit in mine. My Pioneer is about 8 years old. I'd like to get a bluetooth set up. I also need a seperate sub woofer control.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

01RedBeardCobra

Established Member
I had a power acoustic in my notchback a while ago. It's a single din radio with a 7in LCD panel that it attaches to. Looks like ill be running a similar set up in my cobra. Good radio, had Bluetooth as well. It was simple, USB and SD card. I think I payed 120 for it.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
I just purchased a radio from an '04 stang off egay, and a sync upgrade kit designed for an '08 stang. I'm going to attempt to at least get the bluetooth streaming portion and hands free calling (although with as loud as my car is, it might be useless) functioning.

If I can make it work, I'll post a writeup.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I just purchased a radio from an '04 stang off egay, and a sync upgrade kit designed for an '08 stang. I'm going to attempt to at least get the bluetooth streaming portion and hands free calling (although with as loud as my car is, it might be useless) functioning.

If I can make it work, I'll post a writeup.

That's why I want the blue tooth. I figure it'll be easier to hear who I'm talking to through the stereo.

hanger17

Established Member
For me too, so much more enjoyable.
Most units come with a mic, you can mount it on the upper steering console cover,tilt doesn't pinch wire. Also, the unit I have (Sony DSX-S310BTX), the volume/equalizer can be set different then the stereo, even though the stereo auto-mutes quite a bit when a call comes in -I have my phone level near max. Once you sync it the first time, it connects automatic even with your phone in your pocket.

WhiteSnake99

Established Member
I had the bluetooth in my 01 GT. And it was harder for people to hear me through it when I was driving over the exhaust. Every car is different same with the head unit. The big thing is mic placement.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
I was looking at this JVC for my Mach 1. I really wanted something affordable that wasn't touch screen. I really like the looks/features and price for sure. Plus with Crutchfield it comes with all the wiring and mounting.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWR900B/JVC-KW-R900BT.html#customer-reviews-tab
I'm like everyone else in that I like the look of my stock 460 but I'd like to update. I really want some other parts first though like subframe connectors and gears.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
It's a shame nobody in the aftermarket has realized that a decent portion of their customers want a radio that looks factory (so it won't get stolen), but has all the whizzbang features.

It's as if the aftermarket radio industry thrives on people having to replace stolen headunits.

Users who are viewing this thread