Just looking for thoughts/opinions.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Ok guys, I think I have a decent handle on this, but I'd welcome other opinions.

Here's what happened:

Truck was tuned on Tuesday. During the tune, the tuner removed my driver's side rear O2 sensor to install his wideband for tuning purposes. Tuner re-installed O2 sensor when the tune was done. Drove the truck home 60 miles after the tune on tuesday with no issues.

The truck sat until Saturday evening, when I fired it up and drove it to work. As soon as I left my parking lot, the CEL came on and stayed on the whole way to work (6 miles). My first thought was, well I did see him pull the O2 sensor so I guess it didn't get re-installed 100% correctly.

Luckily I had my xcal2 in the truck, and here at work I read the codes.
P0136
P0141

Both of these correspond to the passenger side O2 sensor. So this is where I'm confused. The tuner didn't touch that sensor. So my plan is to switch the O2 sensors, clear the codes and see what happens. If the codes don't reappear then I'm done. If they do I'll replace the appropriate sensor. However if I switch the sensors and the passenger side throws the code again, then it's not the sensor but rather something else. Maybe something in the tune itself. Maybe the passenger side O2 sensor is actually bad, I just find it an awful coincidence with the timing of a fresh tune.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I think your on the right track with swapping sensors. They do go bad and sometimes timing is just coincidence. How many miles on your 9 year old truck?

Users who are viewing this thread