Just Installed: Track Spec Hood Louvers

Fabman302

Current Project: FRANKENSTANG
Established Member
Time to ditch the phony plastic hood scoop in favor of some functional hood louvers.
I looked at the Tiger racing hoods, which are awesome no doubt, but the carbon fiber one is quite pricey and the fiberglass one still being a fair chunk of change.

Add to that the price of freight (ships via truck) plus paint and it was just more than I was willing to spend on a hood.
So I visited Track Spec Motorsports and picked up these spiffy hood louvers for about $350.00.

Installation was straight forward with finishing the extra large pizza I ordered being the hardest part of the project.
The parts came well packaged and are of high quality. Fit and finish were very nice and a semi gloss black power coat tops it off.
Instructions were complete with templates and measurements making this install a real "Why didn't I do this sooner" kind of moment.
I'm pretty excited about it and wanted to share this alternative with my fellow Mustangers who may be in a similar situation.

And with that, here are the pics:

IMG_9585.gif

IMG_9586.gif

IMG_9588.gif

IMG_9589.gif

IMG_9590.gif

16683885_10154988639843535_4975627372536018539_n.gif

Carbon fiber hood w/shipping - $2000
Custom Paint w/stripes - $1000.00
Getting similar results for 350 bucks....Priceless!
:thumb:

chris_302

Established Member

Fabman302

Current Project: FRANKENSTANG
Established Member
How do you think these compare to versus the tiger hood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'd have to ask the manufacturer for exact numbers, but they do flow very well and at a fraction of the price. I imagine the winning PWC cars can afford about any kind of hood they want, yet they run these, so they must be pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread