Just installed the fenderwell JLT 5.0 Kit

Blaster77

Established Member
It's a tight fit in there. Everything fits so snug. I can definately feel the power increase through first and second gear. But my idle problems are starting to come back to me...I feel like I installed it wrong or something. Anyways does anyone else have a JLT on their 5.0?

Dekorum

Established Member
Yup, first one that I know. I was wondering how they were, but I think it would be best just to go with a P-MAS and keep the stock intake tubing or get the P-MAS power pipe.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I bought my '94 with the JLT CAI already installed. Here are some pics:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Blaster77 said:
It's a tight fit in there. Everything fits so snug. I can definately feel the power increase through first and second gear. But my idle problems are starting to come back to me...I feel like I installed it wrong or something. Anyways does anyone else have a JLT on their 5.0?

My friend ran into this problem when he installed a CAI on his 350Z. You need to make sure that all the bolts are tight and that there are no air leaks on the intake.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
I've been thinking about getting a JLT. I like my C&L straight shot 'cai' but I really want a fenderwell because my engine compartment gets really hot and it would give me peace of mind to know that the air intake is taking in air from the fenderwell and not the million degree engine compartment. I dont really care what it looks like or how much hp it adds, but apparently JLT is the best so thats what i'll probably go with.

(btw, 95riosnake, lookin good with the red mirrors)

Last edited:

Blaster77

Established Member
Uploading pics as we speak....I double checked all connections and one was not so tight...but i fixed it. I was surprised to see the HP gains. You can actually feel the gain from the stock intake (well mine was a mac intake)

Blaster77

Established Member
img2017ne4.jpg

I couldn't get this sensor plugged in all the way, could that be a source of stalling?

img2018pw1.jpg

img2024of9.jpg

This is where it came through the fenderwell apron and gets elbowed 90 degrees.

img2026cs9.jpg

As much as I tried to not scratch the CAI paint, it ended up scratching, but no where you can see it in the engine bay. My advise to anyone installing: be PATIENT.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Dude, that 4" reducer you can get at Home Depot. I would know, I was just there like 2 hours ago. I am making my own intake, because JLT is good, but 200 for PVC pipe is not my idea of a good price.

jzepp

Established Member
Hey Chris...glad you like the JLT.....i have the JLT RAI...i was originally going to get the K & N FIPK but i do believe the JLT is the best intake out there. I don't know if i agree with Jay's rwhp gains with the RAI or the CAI but i definately felt an increase with this intake.

I also didn't go with the CAI because i have heard that the intake should be straight after the MAF instead of curved in which the CAI does because supposedly it messes with the airflow.... Has anybody heard of this and is this true?

95riosnake

Established Member
It definitely looks better with both sections black, rather than white/black.

I wonder if anyone has any proof of gains?

(...and thanks for the compliment greenstang1313 :beer: )

Blaster77

Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
Dude, that 4" reducer you can get at Home Depot. I would know, I was just there like 2 hours ago. I am making my own intake, because JLT is good, but 200 for PVC pipe is not my idea of a good price.

Meh I'm not too worried about price...I only detailed 3 cars to get it (1/2 days worth of work) And besides....anything was better than my MAC one, which did curve after the MAF.

No proof on gains, but I could definately feel more power through the first few gears....as one of the local honda boys was tailgating me today while I was in 4th, I dropped into 2nd revved up and smoked his ass...that's not saying much I know, but my car is by no means the fastest car around my town.

Blaster77

Established Member
jzepp said:
Hey Chris...glad you like the JLT.....i have the JLT RAI...i was originally going to get the K & N FIPK but i do believe the JLT is the best intake out there. I don't know if i agree with Jay's rwhp gains with the RAI or the CAI but i definately felt an increase with this intake.

I also didn't go with the CAI because i have heard that the intake should be straight after the MAF instead of curved in which the CAI does because supposedly it messes with the airflow.... Has anybody heard of this and is this true?

Thanks, Joe, I really do like it. I just wanna get my stalling problem fixed for good. It sucks to have to stare at the rpms while stopped at a stoplight than take a look around at the scenery/people staring at me. You saw me that one day, that was some grade A bull shit, just because I wasn't staring at the rpms one time....my car stalls....it irritates me.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
greenstang1313 said:
5.0's are supposed to stall lol, mine does sometimes too. usually at the worst times too.

Eh? I haven't stalled in my 5.0 unless it was my mistake. I have the same CAI.

Blaster77

Established Member
Great...can't even make it to a stop sign without it stalling now...Tonight I'm going to put my old CAI back in....anyone interested in a JLT? I just had the stalling problem fixed last week by a repair shop. This makes me so angry as to why I would go and screw up a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread