Just installed new MM suspension, safe to drive before alignment??

BradJ

Established Member
I just finished up installing MM kmember, coil-overs, etc and am concerned if it is safe to drive it to the alignment shop? I don't wanna hassle towing it if I don't have to, but I also don't want to risk anything if it's dangerous. The shop is like 5 miles away, 25-35 mph roads...

Also does anyone have any tips for basic setup of the camber plates, to get the alignment close before having it professionally done? Tried searching but didn't come up with much besides camber/caster values...

Thanks!!!!

Rev Happy

Established Member
Yes its fine to drive before the alignment is done. I hope you are taking it to a good shop who actually knows how to setup the bumpsteer correctly. Most basic alignment shops have no clue as well as not having the proper equipment. I had mine professionally done, (Full MM tubular front end also) and it was not cheap.

BradJ

Established Member
Well I asked the guy specifically about bumpsteer correction and he said he was able to do it...I'm not taking it to firestone or anything like that...so we'll see, hopefully he is good

xhailofgunfirex

Established Member
Heh, I drove mine hour and a half to get it aligned professionally after coilover/kmember/control arm install, so it shouldn't be a big deal, get it as close as possible and you'll be fine, only thing safety wise is to just make sure all your bolts are tight.

Users who are viewing this thread