Established Member
Just got done installed my autometer boost and wideband and I got a CEL
code are
P1000 which is battery I believe
P1056 which is O2 sensor I think
Are these normal to come on?

NiceCobra

Established Member
Also the 2 metal prongs on the back of the gauges don't allow them to sit all the way into the gauge pod. Can I just twist/pull them out?

Blueline

Established Member
I normally cut the threaded studs with a set of wire cutters. Did you disconnect the batt? That could explain the 1000 and did you remove an O2 sensor or weld in a new bung for the wideband

NiceCobra

Established Member
Ok I didn't want to cut the threaded studs without knowing for sure I could. Yes I disconnected the battery and I took the drivers side rear O2 out and that's where I installed my widebaned.

Blueline

Established Member
The P1000 code will go away. If the rear O2 sensors are not turned off in your tune, its looking for the signal/reading from that rear O2 you removed. You need to either weld in a bung for the wideband or have your rear O2s turned off in the tune.

NiceCobra

Established Member
O ok I figured he turned the 02 off when I got tuned because when I went I for the tune the light was on for it. After the tune it was not

Blueline

Established Member
Just double check to make sure it was, if it was it wouldnt be throwing that code. Easy update/change in the tune.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Ok thanks. I'll have to mess with it tomorrow. my afr at idle ranges from 14.6 to 15.2 ish and at wot it's 12.0 then at higher rpm I even saw it drop as low as 11.3 . How's that looking?

Blueline

Established Member
Ok thanks. I'll have to mess with it tomorrow. my afr at idle ranges from 14.6 to 15.2 ish and at wot it's 12.0 then at higher rpm I even saw it drop as low as 11.3 . How's that looking?

Sounds good. Frank tuned your car right? The further back you go downstream in the exhaust it may kick the reading a bit leaner, but only something like .2 or so has been the biggest swing I have heard of. Did you calibrate the sensor once installed?

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yup he tuned it. And no I didn't calibrate the sensor. I didn't know you had too or how too haha

Blueline

Established Member
Yup he tuned it. And no I didn't calibrate the sensor. I didn't know you had too or how too haha

Just checked Autometers instructions, I guess they dont have to calibrate theirs like others. Get that O2 turned off or a new bung welded in and your good to go!

NiceCobra

Established Member
Ok thank you sir. I haven't messed with the sct yet so I'll fiure it out tommorow.
I appreciate it

NiceCobra

Established Member
I shouldn't have to upload the tune again after disconnecting the battery right?
Also how do I turn off the O2 sensors on the tune? I didn't see the option

Blueline

Established Member
You do not have to re load your tune after disconnecting the batt. If Frank didnt leave that parameter "open" for you to access and make changes to it, then he has to do it and email you the revision, which you will download onto your handheld and then into your car.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Ok thanks. Ill give him a call sometime this week. It's not bad to be driving around with the cel on right? Probably a stupid question but better safe than sorry

Users who are viewing this thread