Just installed my 10.5's and 315's. PICS.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
so you probably wouldn't be able to put 18x10.5's in the back with lowering springs right?

Jpjr

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
so you probably wouldn't be able to put 18x10.5's in the back with lowering springs right?

although i haven't mounted my 18x10.5's yet, i've heard that clearance is actually improved. its a narrower tire, but i know for a fact there are guys running 295/18's without spacers at the stock ride height.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
LargeOrangeFont said:
When I saw the pics of the tires on the garage floor I thought that is gonna look great.

Now that I see them on the car....I think you need to get half inch spacers, or get a narrower tire. Then it would look great.

Ashley

Well, if I ever have the abilty to change my wheel studs and buy a 1/2" spacer I will. What is envolved with swapping the stock studs for longer ones?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Well, due to negative feedback I just spent $170.00 on a set of Hubcentric 1/2" wheels spacers, and 10 ARP wheel studs. This will bring my rear tires an 1/8th of an inch inside of the Fender lip. I guess I will keep my 1" Hubcentric spacers for when I put a set of 305 Nitto DR's on my old stock wheels for my trips to the track later on. :shrug: Nothing like spending money.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Don't feel too bad. I bought 1" spacers myself and only test-fit one of them for about 10 minutes. Heck, I never even drove on it! I didn't care for the look myself so I sold them to somebody else. There always seems to be some 1" spacers on the used market.

Are you sure 3/8" spacers won't work in your case?

I'm not sure this is possible, but somebody should look into producing a 1/2" version of the 1" H&R spacers. A 1/2" hubcentric spacer with built-in wheel studs would solve everyone's fitment problems AND would look good at the same time. I think someone asked the guy at wheeladapter.com about doing this, and he said he wasn't sure it would work. :shrug:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I would rub the bolt (even with it cut down) with a 3/8ths. Or it would be really close. 1/2" should be fine I guess. I am going to have to change the studs no matter what, just for piece of mind.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jpjr

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Well, due to negative feedback I just spent $170.00 on a set of Hubcentric 1/2" wheels spacers, and 10 ARP wheel studs. This will bring my rear tires an 1/8th of an inch inside of the Fender lip. I guess I will keep my 1" Hubcentric spacers for when I put a set of 305 Nitto DR's on my old stock wheels for my trips to the track later on. :shrug: Nothing like spending money.

Didn't want to say anything, but I think this was a damn good purchase. Your setup will look even better, and be safer. Bravo.

Silver03

Established Member
Make sure you post up the results after the 1/2 spacers are installed. If it works out for you, I'll be doing the same thing. Thanks for being the guinea pig!

Oh and where did you get the studs and spacers from? MM?

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
As soon as I get them installed I will post pics on this thread as well as probably start a new one.

As far as ARP vs Moroso, if I am going to swap these things out I am going to do it right and do it with the best possible parts. That is how I am with everything. The ARP's are a lot stronger, and just make for good insurance being as long as they are.

Silver03

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
As soon as I get them installed I will post pics on this thread as well as probably start a new one.

As far as ARP vs Moroso, if I am going to swap these things out I am going to do it right and do it with the best possible parts. That is how I am with everything. The ARP's are a lot stronger, and just make for good insurance being as long as they are.

Understood...just trying to justify to myself spending 80 bucks on wheel studs...Any need for extended reach lugs with those studs?

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I would rub the bolt (even with it cut down) with a 3/8ths. Or it would be really close.
03'Darin is running your setup with 3/8" spacers. I believe he said his driver's side inner sidewall barely touches the bolt head when the suspension is fully unloaded. So it sounds like you would have the same situation. Not everyone is comfortable with that.

I had two concerns about longer wheel studs:

1. I wanted to be able to bolt on my factory wheels (without spacers) and still use the OEM closed-end lugnuts. If the studs are too long, you might have to use open-ended lugnuts if you go back to using stock wheels.

2. Here comes the warranty paranoia on my part... I was afraid of someone noticing the longer wheel studs on the rear and associating them with drag racing. Probably not likely. :shrug:

Doesn't it suck that nobody can build these d*mn 10.5" wheels with the proper offset!?!?! :cuss:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I threw my warranty away as soon as I signed for this car. :), and I will most likely always use the spacer, even with my factory wheels. But, I do understand exactly where you are coming from.

Silver03

Established Member
FYI, here is a reply I got from MM asking if the ARPs offered substantially more strength then the Moroso's:

Actually it has nothing to do with that. They both hold the same amount of strength.
ARP's are cadmium plated and Moroso's are black oxide. The ARP will require no maintenance, while the Moroso's require lubrication frequently to avoid rust. If not properly maintained that could in fact lead to premature breakage.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Hissman...first off those 315's look freaking awesome on your car! I love those tires..I gotta get me some 10.5's with those 315's!!! My dilema is like you..I don't want them to stick out but, know I am going to need spacers..and then which do I go with? And after reading that article about installing studs..I can tell you I ain't doing that...I will have someone do it for me if I have to go that route...but DAMN those tires look awesome...I mean I stared and drooled at them for awhile...

SWWEETTT

Let us know how your stud install and 1/2 spacers worked out.... :pop:

Silver03

Established Member
HISSMAN said:

Hey Hissman, did you ever put your new spacers and studs on? If so, how did it come out?

Users who are viewing this thread