Just installed MRT Catted H

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I guess me, Christian and Wiz will have to hear that exhaust,.... as we're passing you by! :D :burnout: :coolman:

BTW Did you notice any SOTP gains?

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I figured it would be the other way around with my driving!

Nino has an MRT for $439 shipped right now. Open box special. Tempting!

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
GET IT...come on man, you wont be dissapointed......Oxford has the mrt with your stingers too, it sounds mean...but its not no packs...lol.....

I am sure if you dont want it maybe christian will or mean will....

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
So you are going to go with nitrous, are you going to change to a chip then, or just run it a little rich??? Did you get that lower on yet??

ltngstrucktwice

Head Clown
Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
I guess me, Christian and Wiz will have to hear that exhaust,.... as we're passing you by! :D :burnout: :coolman:

BTW Did you notice any SOTP gains?

To the full impact of Ricks exhaust you will have to give him a head start. It will be hard to hear when your in front of him.

ccjcobra99

Established Member
Rick I am curious how loud your exhaust combo is in comparison to mine: Longtubes, catless H and 2 chamber flows. The 03 s/c would obviously contribute to the overall exhaust flow, but might be an interesting comparison.

I have thought about replacing the stock catback with 2 chambers for an SLP or bassani catback but I am still concerned it might be louder than my current, overly loud combination.

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
ltngstrucktwice said:
To the full impact of Ricks exhaust you will have to give him a head start. It will be hard to hear when your in front of him.

yeh i totally agree

i know how well ricks sounded :rockon:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Ever heard a 5.0 with pro-dumps? The exhaust exits straight down just before the rearend. Way loud car! I had them on with an off road H and 3 chamber FM's for one night and knew it had to go for a daily driver. Sounded sweet with my cam! Wonder what a Cobra would sound like w/ pro-dumps and off-roads!

BTW- I'm still in Reno so no work has been done. Still need to install lower. Went out today and bought an oil separator from Home Depot. $11.

ccjcobra99

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
Ever heard a 5.0 with pro-dumps? The exhaust exits straight down just before the rearend. Way loud car! I had them on with an off road H and 3 chamber FM's for one night and knew it had to go for a daily driver. Sounded sweet with my cam! Wonder what a Cobra would sound like w/ pro-dumps and off-roads!

BTW- I'm still in Reno so no work has been done. Still need to install lower. Went out today and bought an oil separator from Home Depot. $11.

I have been in and around a few cars with dumps, they are super loud. Scott Hicks (Brads Custom Auto tech) has a white early 80's capri with a very healthy 331 dumped due to the Griggs World Challenge Watts Link in the rear, pretty loud car. What is now the Brads Custom Auto mystic Cobra (before Brad owned it) with 600+rwhp vorteched 4.6, 3" exhaust into spintechs and then dumped (awesome sound). And a good friend of mine had dumps on his Bassani catback (00GT with Vortech) while working through some panhard bar issues.

If Rick's car is dumped, it would some TOTALLY different then mine. But I would still love to hear it sometime.

Rick, next step should be longtubes, huh?

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
No dumps, I got pips coming out the rear.....I will be going in tuesday to get my 4" rolled/slash cut chrome tips welded on......but it is pretty nasty...in a good way....

Rick

ccjcobra99

Established Member
RickSvt said:
No dumps, I got pips coming out the rear.....I will be going in tuesday to get my 4" rolled/slash cut chrome tips welded on......but it is pretty nasty...in a good way....

Rick

My bad, I misunderstood an earlier post. In that case, I would like to hear / compare sometime.

Joe5.0

Established Member
RickSvt said:

Rick

Yes a very good way. Ricks car sounds sweet! Todays a nice day,Rick maybe you should come down here for a little cruise/exhaust Demo. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread