Just installed 2.95 RR and SCT tune w/ stock plugs/gaps... Blowout???

tfoster405

Established Member
I did not have enough time to install my new plugs (from Rick at Amazon).

I installed the 2.95 with gatorback and Rick's tune. The car laid over a little in third past 4500 rpm's after it got hot (with stock plugs and gap). Is this spark blowout?

I plan to switch plugs this afternoon at .035 gap.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
tfoster405 said:
I did not have enough time to install my new plugs (from Rick at Amazon).

I installed the 2.95 with gatorback and Rick's tune. The car laid over a little in third past 4500 rpm's after it got hot (with stock plugs and gap). Is this spark blowout?

I plan to switch plugs this afternoon at .035 gap.

once you build more boost with a smaller pulley you need to go with a colder plug or the performance will suffer...

let us know if you still have issues after you install the regapped plugs..you can call,PM or email us

tfoster405

Established Member
All is well.....

I installed the new plugs (TR6) at .035 and ran the car hard, no issues any more. The stock plugs even at 3600 miles seem to be worn down to pin-points gapped at about .05. I don't see how my car could have the stock plugs that worn out with so few miles.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
tfoster405 said:
I installed the new plugs (TR6) at .035 and ran the car hard, no issues any more. The stock plugs even at 3600 miles seem to be worn down to pin-points gapped at about .05. I don't see how my car could have the stock plugs that worn out with so few miles.
They're not worn out. That's how they come from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread