Just installed 2.8 and predator

ghostrydyr

Established Member
All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dammnnn I can't believe the torque on this pulley. I am very very happy with the 2.8 and am glad I put em on and didn't sell it. The Predator IMO is worth every penny from RWTD. The flasher itself is very easy to use and the traction control now defaults to off :) the idle is now smoooother at 750rpms. I use a 74" gatorback and is perfect. The best thing is that you can brake them tires all the way into 3rd gear:beer: Dyno next week:burnout:

Last edited:

ghostrydyr

Established Member
Yes I do have the pulley tune. James did a custom 2.8 , Cali gas and the rest of my mods. Heard detonation and backed off spark advance and added fuel. I'll see if the detonation is still there tomorrow. Man I can't wait till it's dialed - in. This pulley rocks!

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
sweeeeeeeet man!:rockon:
I'm jealous! Let me know how easy/hard it is to get NO detonation with the predator....How did the pulley install go? Any problems? If you wanted to swap the stock back on, and back and forth, would it be do-able?
Good shit man, hope to see you at the track in a week or two!:rockon:

ghostrydyr

Established Member
Hey MotoX

Yeah man I'm lovin this thing:-D . I'll be playing more about the spark advance and adding/deleting fuel tomorrow. As far as the pulley swap well I was sorta worried about the rpm unit as in the cheap pulley puller and the non slip pulley. They worked great and was SO VERY easy. Hell I can do it now in less than 5 min. To swap the stock one on will not be a problem at all. One thing about the motoblue no slip pulley is that I cleaned it up a litltle. The grove and cuts on the pulley itself wasn't cleaned up and had some sharp area( I suspect this is what caused some of these pullies to eat up belts), no problem though, I just took a very small flat head and scrape the sharp edges smooth. I did it while watching tv:) . I would buy the cheap pulley kit from rpm again if I had to.

I'll see ya April 21st at Infenion:burnout:

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Did you get any idlers? Or just the "true grip" and a belt? I was reading about their pulley online, and they said something like their pulley is a "True" quick change, and you don't even need a puller or something....whats up with that?
Thanks man, glad you're enjoying it!:rockon:

ghostrydyr

Established Member
No, no idlers and it is the true grip. These are not the quick change(interchangable) pullies, these are press on pullies. The quick change pullies are cool to.

ghostrydyr

Established Member
update on detonation

IT'S GONE:rockon: It was very easy. Backed off spark advance to -25 and added fuel to -21.50 and the there is no low or high rpm det. Man this car pulls so hard it's amazing! I'm still going to dyno sometime next week to make sure but I feels dead on right now.

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
So what is the difference between a quick change and press-on pulley? Which one is easier to change back to stock if needed? Are there any advantages to either?
Sweet deal man, I may be going that route soon, now that you're telling me how much fun it is....
ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!:bash:
hehe :beer:

Black306

Established Member
Re: Hey MotoX

Originally posted by ghostrydyr

I'll see ya April 21st at Infenion:burnout:
My site (WestCoastFords.com) is doing a dyno day this Sat April 3rd in Fremont at ATP Turbo. Wanna see what it does? :-D $50 for 3 pulls with A/F.

ghostrydyr

Established Member
Hey MotoX yeah man you know that I've struggled about doing the pulley or not but it really isn't a big dea. If you buy the interchangable one you will still have to pull the hub off so either way you will be pulling it out to put stock one on. I didn't see the need to get the interchangable one because I wanted to get the 2.8 or I knew I'll eventually put the 2.8 on no matter so just DO IT MAN:lol: I drive from SF to Palo Alto everyday and I can tell you i'm as confident in driving every day now with the 2.8 than when it was 3.6:coolman:

Derek that's your site man? LOL cool site! I'm actually a member there also. I'm definitely interested. Where do I sign - up? Can you add me to the list? Best price I've heard off to dyno, name is Roberto BTW. Thank you. OBTW that is the baddest Saleen I've seen! Definitely props on that badboy:burnout:

Last edited:

Black306

Established Member
Originally posted by ghostrydyr

Derek that's your site man? LOL cool site! I'm actually a member there also. I'm definitely interested. Where do I sign - up? Can you add me to the list? Best price I've heard off to dyno, name is Roberto BTW. Thank you. OBTW that is the baddest Saleen I've seen! Definitely props on that badboy:burnout:
Yup, that's my site. :coolman: Just let me know what your screen name is there and get the info here: http://wcfords.com/ubb/showthread.php?postid=194109. Hope to see you there! :rockon:

Thanks, but its a Faleen. ;-)

ghostrydyr

Established Member
Hey Derek I will go to the site and thread and sign up. My handle there is ShakerBob (was a Mach owner for 2-3 months). You know I miss going to your old site format and checking out my Black 95GTS that was in the Bay Area stang section:-D Yup I've known it was a Faleen but who cares man that car is even better. I've seen it in a few shows. Just plain sick.

Thanks again.

errray's 03 svt

Established Member
hey ghostrydyr get a custom dyno tune. the only wat to go. i'm curious did the guy who put in the custom tune in your predator have the revolution software. the reason i ask is i want to put a 276 on my car and want another custom tune for that pulley.

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Apex you mean? hmmm I thought they only did autologic stuff...maybe im wrong?
I cant decide wether to go with springs, c/c plates, and alignment or a pulley/predator.. One to handle better, help with wheel hop....one to make the car a ROCKET....
I guess the smart thing to do would be to get rid of wheel hop as much as possible before going with more power...but shit, its MORE power, how can I pass that up? lol!

:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread