just had my first porsche dinner....

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
Was chillin on the highway and saw this black porsche cruisin up on me, I moved to the right lane and noticed it was a new carrera 4S vert hmmm. There was two people in it I was solo....I'm in 5th at 75 mph he mildly took off, I came up to his side then he nailed it. I dropped to 4th and did the same. He had 1 car on me off the bat I slowly creeped then passed him. We hit 130+ and stopped... I was 3/4 in front...we both waved and said good run. Btw I'm 450 rwhp with 2.75 pulley, thought I'd share.:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
thanx, btw its not a huge kill but still cool. i really thought he'd pull more on me. glad to be wrong :rockon:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
put 'er in 3rd from that speed next time, huge difference! sounds like fun tho!
my uncle has an 03 GT2 that is slightly modded.....we have yet to run but word on the street is turbo/injector/retune upgrades are all coming soon and i have no idea what to expect

Bballplayanick

K1ng C0bRa
Established Member
Good kill! I also messed around with a Silver porsche on the way back from Captree this morning. It was newer and only said "Turbo" on the back so I'm not exactly sure what model it was. We were pretty even with each other while we went from 3rd. I think he was surprised!

Digital

Established Member
The 4S is pretty slow. Even if it was a 997 and not a 996 it would struggle to put out more then 300-325awhp. Even at 3000#s that's not much. If you were in 2nd or 3rd you woulda put a bus on him.

Last edited:

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
The 4S is pretty slow. Even if it was a 997 and not a 996 it would struggle to put out more then 300-325awhp. Even at 3000#s that's not much. If you were in 2nd or 3rd you woulda put a bus on him.

Interesting...I have no clue about them. Just thought It was sweet to pass joel hahahha :rockon:

Digital

Established Member
Interesting...I have no clue about them. Just thought It was sweet to pass joel hahahha :rockon:
Porsche doesn't really have a middle weight. It's either 325awhp, 475rwhp, or 575rwhp. 4S, Turbo S, GT2RS, respectively. Also $$ 93k, 160k, 245k.
I suppose the GT3 would be the middle weight at 400awhp and n/a at that.

Last edited:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member

Your talking about a 996 C4S... 997.1 C4S's are good for about 340awhp, while a 997.2 C4S is good for about 365awhp.

The current 997.2 C4S is not really slow at all.

Digital

Established Member
They make 385 fly wheel hp. You really think they are gonna only lose 20hp through a 4wd auto?

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
They make 385 fly wheel hp. You really think they are gonna only lose 20hp through a 4wd auto?

Look up any information about Porsche's or read on any Porsche. Anyone with more knowledge than reading the manual, know they have very conservative hp numbers. There posted hp numbers are very close to their wheel hp numbers.

He never made any reference if it was auto or manual....

Also, Porsche's have much less drive train loss. It is usually around 10-12% which is unheard of for a lot of Front Engine, RWD cars.

SBTerminator

Established Member
A kill is a kill, and that's all that matters! I took Down a Porsche last year on the highway. Guy tried 3 times and he was pissed he lost all of them :)

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
A kill is a kill, and that's all that matters! I took Down a Porsche last year on the highway. Guy tried 3 times and he was pissed he lost all of them :)

Indeed you are correct! :beer: I should have mentioned good kill OP.

Not defending the Porsche, there are hundreds of faster cars. :rockon:

Just want to clear misinformation when it comes to them.

Digital

Established Member
Indeed. It was a good kill. It's always good to know what is a good race for you out there.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Good kill! The Carrera 4S with a PDK tranny and launch control is a beast from a dig! Bone stock I've seen them run high 11s/low 12s all day long at the track.

Users who are viewing this thread