Just got the car back from the dealer

Flooznie

Nuclear Reactor Operator
Established Member
As some of you may or may not know, I recently bought a used 03 Cobra Convertible with 9800 miles this past month. About 2 weeks after purchasing the vehicle, I noticed that the cruise control would function approx half the time. It would simply work whenever it wanted to. This was very frustrating to me, so I carried it down to the dealership. Fortunately, it stayed broke for the dealer to test and they confirmed that it was inoperative. They did troubleshooting all day and discovered the problem to be the speedo servo controller (whatever the hell that is)

Well they just replaced that damn thing and it was still just as broke as the day I brought it in. They did somemore searching and discovered the the clutch pedal switch was bent all to hell. Turns out, the clutch was replaced by the original owner at 6000 miles under warranty My question, is how the hell do you wear out a clutch at 6000 miles and bend the pedal. Evidently the guy who owned the car before me must have been a linebacker since it takes 50 lbs of force to mash that pedal down already.

Flooznie

drohan8592

Established Member
I think when they say clutch pedal switch they're referring to the electronic switch that has to be engaged in order to start the car. i just had my switch replaced at 4,600 miles. the car thinks the clutch is not engaged if this switch is inoperative and the vehicle will not start.

Users who are viewing this thread