Just got smoked!

aleon

Established Member
Dude,

I was driving home from work a little while ago and a 300ZX Twin-Turbo pulls up next to me. We get to a light, we look at each other, and we go. At about 30MPH, we both floored it and this guy SMOKED me! I'm talking a 4 car lead and I'm not gaining. We get to another light and take off from the line. Again, smoked by about 3.5 to 4 car lengths. I've never been beaten so bad in my life. I pull up next to him after defeat and asked what he had, tells me nothing but the stock twin turbo and a dual friction clutch. I have a very hard time believing this. This guy flew by me like I was standing still! :fm: Now, I have some work done to my L : 2 hi-flows, magnaflow catback, diablo chip, MAC CAI, and a 4# pulley. I take c5's with no problem but this guy left me impressed. Any explanations? Has anyone else been beaten this badly? :shrug:

How can I get my L to go that fast? NOS? I hate defeat!

Sweet35th

Genius/serial killer
Established Member
300ZXs in stock trim are low 14 second cars. You probably ran into a well done BPU car. I dyno'd a BPU 300zx running stock turbos, (pretty high boost, 22psi if I recall) on race fuel made 391rwhp. Enough to run 110-113mph in the 1/4 (they are a lil hevier than mustangs) Which would make your L quite easily. With your mods your probably at around 106mph.

aleon

Established Member
I figured that he wasn't stock. Damn, I'm still thinking about it. I had a pretty good winning streak going except for my buddy's Z06 which beat me by like 1 car length. This guy was rediculous. Beware South Floridians in the Miami area... There is a Lightning killer on the loose. :eek:

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
I just sold a 300 TT...It had a filter/full exhaust (d.pipes/t.pipes/exhaust), boostcontroller, and was boosting 17lbs. It would run 114 traps all day long and after I ran a 100shot I went 11's at 123mph on DR's. Oh and it was the stock height and on the stock rims on the street(w/drag radials). So it was a hella sleeper. If modded correctly they can put an L down. Your best bet is to try and get them off the line. Most people can't launch that car. From a roll its a beast when modded the right way.
BTW ALeon...what color was the Z? I know most of the quick ones down here.

Rob

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Quickest Stock Twin Turbo 300zx i have seen was a 13.68 at around 104...it was a bone stock 300zx twin turbo with 18x9 wheels and Nitto Nt555....not drag radials. So they can be rpetty quick out of the box and are also pretty bullet proof. They accept mods well.

aleon

Established Member
ShelbyKid,

It was a black 95 or 96 with dual elephant dick exhaust. I've done some research about those cars and there's no doubt in my mind that thing was highly modded, and yes, it was a sleeper cux you couldn't tell at all, it wasn't even loud. Oh well, I'm getting a 6# pulley, electric fan, factory tech valve body and Denso IT22's next weekend from REM. I'll catch him again... MUUAAAHHAHAHA :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread