Just got off the phone with my dad...

tj04cobra

Established Member
And he was telling me about what the ford dealership did with his cash for clunker trade in and the emailed me the video of it. He traded in a 1985 gmc 1/2 ton short bed that had been nothing but trouble since we towed it home as my first vehicle 5 years ago when I was 16. Not sure if the link is going to work, but they took the truck and before they pour in the water and liquid glass death mix into it they made a video of smoking the tires down in it in the parking lot. Then they sent it off for its excecution

I work for a ford dealer here in my town and we got to put to sleep many clunkers none ran for more than 8 minutes, some ran for less than 3. This truck my dad traded in ran for 47 minutes with the water and liquid glass poured into the motor and then died because it overheated but would still turn over! My dad used dura lube? he said in this thing every 20-30k.

The final straw for this thing was when he put on some 195 cc afr heads and a decent sized cam and something happened to the motor and it wouldn't run right. so he traded some guy his set up for some stock sbc heads and a small cam + some good cash. put stock crap back on motor, stripped the new interior, dash and everything out of it and put the old ragged stuff in it and drove it down to the local dealer. This truck has been hell since I bought it 5 years ago and my dad called me and told me last week that it was time for it to be layed to rest.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/mmps/...=90&contenttype=application/x-quicktimeplayer

Hopefully the link works, but the quality of the vid sucks but I thought id share the story. Im sure some of you have had cars that you felt were nothing but bad luck from the day you brought it home, well this was ours. We thought for sure that it would qualify for the deal but the dealer said no cus the gas milage in 1985 was the same as a 2009 f150. Then it did qualify cus when they ran the vin again they found that it came with a 3sp auto and not a 4sp with o/d.

tj04cobra

Established Member
when I clicked on the link on the thread it didnt work for me either, then I refreshed the page and it worked. The video sucks but I thought that it was kinda cool what they did to it and that it lasted almost an hour with the water and liquid glass mixture in the motor. .

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Some of those Chevy engines are damn near IMPOSSIBLE to kill.......I'm actually waiting to see if anyone's gonna try to kill off an old Chysler with a slant 6.....lol

Users who are viewing this thread