Just got new toy ( AVIC-D1 )

Phyxius

Established Member
Well let's start off the story about a month ago, I walked out to my truck in the parking garage at my apartments and noticed that my seats were both leaned forward, well you guessed it, someone liked my stereo alot more then me and dicided to liberate it from me along with the 6" bazooka tube. What really pissed me off was that I was leaving the next morning for FLorida for 15 days. So I get back at the end of the year and still have to wait for everyone to get back to work before I get the truck inspected by the ins. company.

I got my re-embursment check on Sat. and went shopping. I found me a brand Spankin New Pioneer AVIC-D1 for just a few $$$ out of my pocket off E-bay.

The nice FEDEX man just delivered it to me this evening, and I can't stop druling on this thing. I'm just itchin to go out and throw it at the big gaping hole in my dashboard. Anyways I hoping to install it on Saturdaywith the help of a few friends. I just need to figure out a way to make it so hard to remove that no unscrupulous individuals will be able to repeat las months events.

Let's hear your thoughts on the D1's if you have one, and what you have done to prevent it's theft.

Lee

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Sounds sweet, post pics when you get it installed. My buddy is currently working on a sub box for me, for my 12" l7 solobaric. He is autocadding the box, lol. He is an engineering student and wanted to tinker with it so I was like have at it man. Should sound good with the eclipse deck and components I will have in it.

svtTom01

Motorboatin' S.O.B
Established Member
Get a good alarm with a good glass breakage sensor. Be prepared to spend around $500. It'll help, but won't guarantee your avic-d1 from getting stolen. The problem with the D1 (an newer indash units) is that they don't require a brain, as everything is packaged into on piece of equipment. the way f-150 dashboards are constructed, it is extremely easy for people to steal indash equipment. I had a kenwood 911 flipout until it got stolen this past summer. A lot of people are going to notice that you have monitor when your car is moving or even parked and that makes you an easy target. They will attract a lot of attention to thieves and I don't think there is a proven method of keeping your equipment safe. Keep track of your serial number and if I were you I would make slight markings with a permanent maker on the unit (like the metal casing) to help you recognize if it is yours or not if it your stuff gets stolen and is sold via ebay. I know I am not making a lot of sense right now, as it nearing sleepy time.

Phyxius

Established Member
Marking the unit is a really good thought, I'll do that tomorrow at work. I'll just put a personal serial number on it. I'm also going to run some aircraft safety wire attached to the back and then to the fire wall somewhere hidden, so even if they do get in the truck and get the front facia off it's still not gonna budge. Plus I'm going to bolt the damn thing in like fort Friggin Knox. It will take days to remove it HAHAHHA

Vette Eater

Established Member
All units have their own serial number stamped on them under the unit. Just write it down. As for the mack daddy install...You are making it harder on the truck. If someone were to break in and they couldn't get it out...They will destroy it and everything in your truck to get it out, in turn more insurance cost. If someone wants it, they'll get it.

angel1

Established Member
sorry to hear about your break in..........I was in the same boat a year ago with my other ride.........some punk help themselve with my Pioneer DVD
sold the ride and use the $$$ and got an Alpine IVA-901 with NAV
my buddy is a installer and installed it for me and I also asked him to make me a custom plate to go over it and he made one for me..........just pop in on when its parked.....the plate got them old school nobs on it and looks like one of them 70's old school decks..........lol

angel1

Established Member
sorry to hear about your break in..........I was in the same boat a year ago with my other ride.........some punk help themselve with my Pioneer DVD
sold the ride and use the $$$ and got an Alpine IVA-901 with NAV
my buddy is a installer and installed it for me and I also asked him to make me a custom plate to go over it and he made one for me..........just pop in on when its parked.....the plate got them old school nobs on it and looks like one of them 70's old school decks..........lol

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Here are some pics of mine with the AVG-VDP1 module attached (mounts under the seat and does some entertaining things)...I didn't show the DVD pics as the only DVD I had at the time was the DVD side of the Nine Inch Nail CD and the video resolution is crappy...It looks really, really good though playing the Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy...You'll like it...

t_guages_776.jpg

t_display_5_968.jpg

t_display_4_395.jpg

t_display_3_881.jpg

t_display_2_122.jpg

t_display_1_765.jpg

t_system_drivers_side_534.jpg

Edit: OK so your's is different than mine so I don;t know if that part will work with it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread