Just got new metallica....holy mother of...i'm speechless!

Established Member
Sick and off work today. Went to the doc to get some medicine and on the way home remembered that Metallica comes out today.

It's rainy here in Indy so I drove my sons S10 (my c6 is clean right now!) Anyway, he's got a full rockford system, 2 12's and a couple amps.

HOLY F***'n S***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always been a big Metallica fan, but this one blows them away. I was head bangin with air guitar and air drums all the way home. I may have dented his steering wheel beating it so hard! I haven't felt this way about Metallica in years. Felt like I was 16 again!

Words can't explain......this CD ROCKS! :rockon: GO GET IT, put it in a home or car system with some bass and volume and you're gonna start breaking stuff!

Established Member
i will reserve total judgement till i have heard the entire cd in cd quality.

I know exactly what you're saying. I listened to it on some youtube ripoffs and the like.....was a little hesitant about it. Trust me on this one. Put it in a quality system (home or car) and crank it.

You will feel the chills and start thumping your heel on the floor... It's awesome!

I was very disappointed about St. Anger and how no matter what adjustments I made, the drums just sounded like crap and it just didn't
quite get it as far as sound quality. This one is perfect!

Last edited:

Established Member
You would be a wise man to wear one of these the first time you crank up this CD.
It just may save your life!

hel_man.jpg

Skullguard" Helmets (ultra light-weight head protectors)

Dear purchasers of the new Metallica Death Magnetic CD......
These popular, and comfortable, helmets have been designed for children and adults suffering from certain functional disorders which may make them liable to incur head injury. Those with epilepsy, head drop syndrome, poor balance, autism, head banging tendencies, hydrocephalus, cerebral palsy with spastic diplegia, spinal cord hernia and haemophilia can benefit from the protection provided.

The helmet is flexible enough to fit the contours of the head and is held in place by a chin strap which is provided with a slide buckle for length adjustment. An optional soft plastic, unlined chin cup, Type OF.648, is available, as well as various protective chin guards and alternative chin straps with different methods of closure and length adjustment.

Last edited:

90lxstang

Established Member
I picked mine up at midnight last night. Listened to it 3 times so far already. You will not be disappointed!

Established Member
Metallica is the only group that I prefer to download the cd, instead of buying it... :)

They just want to get paid for the work they do...is that so wrong?

What if your employer told you that they didn't want to give you
the paycheck you earned? Would you be cool with that?

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I'm buyin it for sure. I was hesistant after St. Anger, but I have been pleasantly surprised by the new songs I have heard from them on the radio.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I have heard the whole album, and wasn't all that impressed. It is far greater than St. Anger, but it does nothing for me. I was a fan through the 80's, and into the 90's. The drums have gotten so dumbed down. If you like it, that's cool, just not for me. I have moved on.

5.0 Ford Power

*derp*
Established Member
Received it yesterday in the mail. Went out and cruised around and listened to it 3 times in a row. This cd is full of WIN!! Can't wait till the December show in Ontario. Already have my pit tix!

DesertMach

Established Member
They just want to get paid for the work they do...is that so wrong?

What if your employer told you that they didn't want to give you
the paycheck you earned? Would you be cool with that?

Actually it was a joke, Maybe I should have used a different smiley at the end..

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
After Saint Anger I wrote them off but I may have to give this a chance after all the reviews going to Circuit City for Lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread