Just got my new Shaftmasters driveshaft

bodon

Established Member
Very nice piece. Also a couple of nice things that come with it. New bolts with locktite. A tap to clean your threads if necessary. Even a socket to tighten the bolts. Install is a direct bolt in, very easy. I would highly recommend Shaftmasters over the others I looked at. Best part, over $100 less money.

Nuar

Established Member
Congrats!
Its on my to get list lol

From what I read online, the tap is a rwquired step of the instal to clean out the old lock tite. If you leave the old stuff in there, the torque wrench doesnt get an accurate reading and you end up installing the bolts too loose.

Just a heads up.

greenscobie86

Established Member
Do you have to open take off the pinion flange and reset preload afterward when you install this driveshaft? Just wondering.

bodon

Established Member
I didn't need a new shaft just think the bulky heavy 2 pc. is ridiculous. The weight difference is very substantial. And consider the fact this is rotational weight. Its a simple bolt in. No messing with anything. My car is brand new so stock pinion angle was fine. about as simple as it gets. Took me about an hour. Took it out and car is dead smooth. Anxious to see the ET change at the track.

vortecd

Established Member
I have one and like it. Some of said these cars have a vibration in them and after reading that I did notice something slight around 60mph. After putting on the shaftmaster the car is smoother with no vibrations any where. As far as performance, I picked up nothing at the track

bodon

Established Member
Well I promised to report back after I took the car back to the track with the new aluminum driveshaft. It was dead smooth BUT absolutely no decrease in ET. That was very surprising. And I must say disappointing. That was my biggest reason for purchasing it,to go alittle quicker. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread