Just got my hood back! :D :D :D

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I had the infamous hood peeling and tried to fix it myself...

well, when that went south... I handed it over to a much more capable & skilled co-worker.

I originally asked him to fill in the low spots with a darker red... like other hoods I've seen on here. He called me up and said he had a better idea... I like what he did and am thrilled at how it looks! :rockon:

Vette Eater

Established Member
COPY CAT!!!

J/K...I did this to mine over last winter, but I used flat black vinyl and had the SVT added for some pimptitude...Didn't want to paint on my car...He also did the roof and the section between the taillights, then smoked the taillights and them flat cleared...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
COPY CAT!!!

J/K...I did this to mine over last winter, but I used flat black vinyl and had the SVT added for some pimptitude...Didn't want to paint on my car...He also did the roof and the section between the taillights, then smoked the taillights and them flat cleared...

LOL, my bad!

To be honest... when I handed the hood off to the guy, I had initially asked him to paint the just lower sections in the red. He came to me at work and said "Ah, I got a better idea... you'll like it." I love the paint job!

I apologize for not getting more pics, I'm away for school right now in SC. I totally forgot my camera and I don't think that my cell would take sufficient pics.

Users who are viewing this thread