Established Member
I have a few mods on the cobra;
2.8 pulley
idler
Predator pulley tune
flowmaster catback
JLT cold air
Just got 275/40/17's bfg drag rads Friday

I am LESS than impressed with the BFG's, I was hoping to be able to launch harder than I could.. I had to totally baby it and even got some spin in 2nd.

1st time I tried, I got a 4.747 with a crappy 2.2 60'
I didnt run 1/4 or even a 1/8th as I dont have that much room to run.

These runs were granny shifting and it looks like I shifted at 5500.. what a puss!!! notice that I have weight at 4000, my car is 3830 (vert) I am actually 230.. so it is just over 4K

What do you guys think

gtechrun.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Yeah, your 60' should be better than that with those mods. Guys with just an exhaust and DRs typically run 1.9 or so. Did you lower your tire pressure? Obviously running on the street is totally different than running on the track, too. That could be part of it. On the track they put VHT down, which helps you stick.

P.S. I have found my factory calibrated G-Tech Pro Comp meter to be VERY accurate for the 60' times. I've check it at the track and it's only off by a few hundreds of a sec! So I don't think it's your meter. (Error does accumulate as distance increases, of course.)

Don03cobra

Established Member
I havnt lowered the air pressure... they are a 32 psi, I am gonna drop them to about 20 or so. Like I said, its not grabbing real well but hopefully lowering the tire pressure will help. i am not an amature driver as I have speed shifted several 280 rwhp fox mustaings into the mid 12's with 1.70 short times @ 3600 llbs

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I am assuming you are doing this on the street? if so you arent going to be able to launch the thing like you would at the track

I am able to get 1.90's on 315 Nittos on the street according to my G-tech. My earlier version was off by about .25 seconds (pessimistic) but upon returning it for another reason I got the newer software and now it seems pretty accurate, although still slightly slower than the track indicates. You ought to go to the track and make some comparison runs, the G-tech may not be dead on with the track timer but it is consistent. This way you'll have a "calibration" to reference future G-tech runs against.

Don03cobra

Established Member
I agree with that point as I have many drag strip passes under my belt as well as 1 or 2 launches on the street :rockon:
I am sure that these tires would hook on the strip netting 1.8 or better but I am looking for street traction.
Back to the original post, I am goign to try to get a 4.5 0-60 on the street.. I am beeing with a 2.0 I can get it, 1.9 on the street would be awesome!!!

Anyone have any 0-60 Gtech comp times on their 03/04 cobra?

Don03cobra

Established Member
Hey Termin8tor, with your 1.9 on the gtech, what 0-60 and 330 are you getting?
Just curious.. and do you have any drag strip runs to back the times up ?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Don - I have some data for you, if it helps. The G-tech data was taken from the actual run at the track.

G-Tech results:
1.993 60'
5.318 330'
4.468 0-60 mph

Actual track results:
1.998 60'
5.460 330'

As you can see, my factory calibrated G-Tech is pretty accurate. You should be able to reach your goal. BTW, this was just with exhaust and drop-in K&N and Nitto DRs.

P.S. I set the rollout to 12"

Last edited:

RedSquad7

E.D.209
Established Member
So you guys are pretty happy with the gtech huh? I would love to have one....How accurate/well does the shift light function?

Users who are viewing this thread