Just got my car hot tagged...

farmboy90

Established Member
So I guess I am a bit fed up that my car is collecting dust and bird poop in Area 51 since 8/3. So I just now sent a note to this sort of high up guy at Ford who has been helping me get my car through the system. Here is his reply:

"I am not in the next couple of days, but I just sent a note to my traffic person to have it marked HOT."

I have no idea what that means, but I hope to god it means my car will get put on a damn train soon. :rolling:

I am kicking myself for not emailing him a week ago.

Last edited:

boosted281

Established Member
Farmboy are you willing to pm me his contact info? My car has been built since July 19th and is supposedly on a train somewhere but man do I wish I had this car. I order march 19th and still waiting, Ford has done a pretty sad job at handling these cars IMHO. Thanks man and congrats on having a "HOT" car lol!!

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I personally don't believe HOT tagging is going to help much at this point. They will not load the rail car with your car until they have 15 mustangs going to the same rail destination. Hot tagging does help in speeding up the building of a car and shipping if by truck. Doesn't really do anything for vehicles being shipped by rail. But I wish you luck anyway. I know you've been waiting a long time!

farmboy90

Established Member
I personally don't believe HOT tagging is going to help much at this point. They will not load the rail car with your car until they have 15 mustangs going to the same rail destination. Hot tagging does help in speeding up the building of a car and shipping if by truck. Doesn't really do anything for vehicles being shipped by rail. But I wish you luck anyway. I know you've been waiting a long time!

Yeah, I can't see how it would help. All I know is it won't make it worse and is worth a shot. :)

farmboy90

Established Member
Farmboy are you willing to pm me his contact info? My car has been built since July 19th and is supposedly on a train somewhere but man do I wish I had this car. I order march 19th and still waiting, Ford has done a pretty sad job at handling these cars IMHO. Thanks man and congrats on having a "HOT" car lol!!

What is your ETA? Did it pass your ETA already?

Why don't you post your question here: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread - Page 92 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Ask Deysha to check on your car for you. You can post a message in that thread with your details, or send a PM to FordCustomerService. Deysha usually checks that thread in the morning, and then replies back to everyone at the end of the day.

2013gt5

Established Member
I called SVT today about having my ETA and no build date , which I mentioned in that other thread, and when the guy there looked in the comp he said my ETA of Aug 27 was right and the build date of aug 19 came up now which it wasn't before. He said my ETA looks to be a few days on the optimistic side but it was right in the computer.

VaporDude

Established Member
I hope it all works out for you FarmBoy. You have been waiting a long time for your car. When it comes to the rail yard, have your dealer hot tag it or go after it. My car was built a day earlier than yours and I already have mine. I don't understand why yours is taking so long just to get on the train. It seems like the Shelbys are being placed on the back burner while everything else gets processed quickly. I don't know if SVT schedules these or if Ford is scheduling these builds.

farmboy90

Established Member
I hope it all works out for you FarmBoy. You have been waiting a long time for your car. When it comes to the rail yard, have your dealer hot tag it or go after it. My car was built a day earlier than yours and I already have mine. I don't understand why yours is taking so long just to get on the train. It seems like the Shelbys are being placed on the back burner while everything else gets processed quickly. I don't know if SVT schedules these or if Ford is scheduling these builds.

Yeah, I am curious about that.... I have a feeling if I call my dealer and ask about going to the rail yard, they will say "No way! That isn't allowed".

I can't say I would know what to say to that... Do you happen to know if "hot tagging" it in Flat Rock carries through on the local end? Meaning, when it gets to the rail yard here in Arizona, is it still hot tagged in the sense that the local truck will move quickly on it? Or does it need to be hot tagged again?

farmboy90

Established Member
Hot tagging stays with the vehicle until delivery to the dealer.

Dude, this is the greatest piece of information ever uttered. You Sir, are a gentlemen and a scholar. :rockon::banana::dancenana:

That means that even if it doesn't help me get out of Area 51, it will hopefully help me get out of the local mixing yard in Arizona.

VaporDude

Established Member
Dude, this is the greatest piece of information ever uttered. You Sir, are a gentlemen and a scholar. :rockon::banana::dancenana:

That means that even if it doesn't help me get out of Area 51, it will hopefully help me get out of the local mixing yard in Arizona.

I would ask Deysha in a PM if your car was hot tagged. She should be able to see that.

farmboy90

Established Member
I would ask Deysha in a PM if your car was hot tagged. She should be able to see that.

Done. Let's see what Deysha says. The note to get my car hot tagged was just sent tonight, so it's possible it won't get tagged until tomorrow (and potentially after Deysha checks it). So I'll have Deysha check again in a day or so.

farmboy90

Established Member

Good idea Vapor. Deysha just confirmed this morning that my car is Priority 1 (hot tagged). It still sits in Area 51 though. But I guess at this point there is really nothing else I can do.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Farmboy,

If your dealer tells you that you can't go get the car at the railyard, tell them they're idiots.

I picked mine up at the railyard two weeks ago. The railyard people make it difficult because they don't get paid unless they deliver it, but it can be done. I've always picked all of our "specialty" cars up at the railyard.

farmboy90

Established Member
Farmboy,

If your dealer tells you that you can't go get the car at the railyard, tell them they're idiots.

I picked mine up at the railyard two weeks ago. The railyard people make it difficult because they don't get paid unless they deliver it, but it can be done. I've always picked all of our "specialty" cars up at the railyard.

Thanks. Honestly the convoy company can still keep the money. I just want the car. :)

It appears my car is Hot tagged now, so hopefully I don't have an issue at the local rail yard. Hopefully they load it up immediately. No idea though if they care about hot tagged cars or not though.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks. Honestly the convoy company can still keep the money. I just want the car. :)

It appears my car is Hot tagged now, so hopefully I don't have an issue at the local rail yard. Hopefully they load it up immediately. No idea though if they care about hot tagged cars or not though.

I'm not real sure about a car being "hot tagged".... BUT I do know that your dealer can look on their vehicle visibility map, and see when it gets to the railyard.. I checked constantly and I finally saw that it got there at 8:04 am on the 3rd, so I drove the 20 minutes there, went through the paperwork, watched them unload it off the train at 9:15 then I drove it home.

Personally, I would be nervous about them loading it on a truck. The ground clearance is scary because the front bumber would have a hard time clearing the car coming off the ramp.

Users who are viewing this thread