Just got my car back an some driveline noises

Svtheide

Established Member
So just got my car back last night an absolutely love the new look all the way around, however just like everyone was ralking about there are some driveline noises I am noticing. Can anyone with these noises chime in to see if im hearing the same sounds, I hear more of a whining noise from the rear end that wasn't there before the suspension work.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
So just got my car back last night an absolutely love the new look all the way around, however just like everyone was ralking about there are some driveline noises I am noticing. Can anyone with these noises chime in to see if im hearing the same sounds, I hear more of a whining noise from the rear end that wasn't there before the suspension work.

What all did you have done?

Crowley

Ky GT500

Established Member
Welcome to the dark side of the lowered Shelby. Yep, the noise you hear comes with the suspension. After a while, you don't really notice it. Kind of get used to it. It's a trade off going from stock rubber isolated UCA, LCA to the more rigid polyurethane solid mount.

The trade off for the stance is worth the increase in noise for me.

Svtheide

Established Member
What all did you have done?

Crowley

Ford Racing springs, LCA, UCA, Panhard bar, an just for looks front sway bar end links. But also Shelby Baer Extreme calipers an rotors an the Alcoa SS wheels

Svtheide

Established Member
Welcome to the dark side of the lowered Shelby. Yep, the noise you hear comes with the suspension. After a while, you don't really notice it. Kind of get used to it. It's a trade off going from stock rubber isolated UCA, LCA to the more rigid polyurethane solid mount.

The trade off for the stance is worth the increase in noise for me.

Yeah I like everything about the lowered look just making sure these noises are the same as what everyone was talking about

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
The whine is to be expected.

Curious if you have the soft popping some of us got too though. Only occurs at slow (parking space speeds). BMR has made some suggestions about things to check and states it is not supposed to be present. I am going to tighten and adjust mine this Saturday and see if I can get it to go away as per BMR instructions.

Svtheide

Established Member
The whine is to be expected.

Curious if you have the soft popping some of us got too though. Only occurs at slow (parking space speeds). BMR has made some suggestions about things to check and states it is not supposed to be present. I am going to tighten and adjust mine this Saturday and see if I can get it to go away as per BMR instructions.

No popping noise yet(hopefully never lol) the actual only problem im having now is a gas smell only when running, checked for leaks an found nothing. Spoke to the shop an asked if they moved something an they said no so sounds like a trip to the stealership I go lol

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Ford Racing springs, LCA, UCA, Panhard bar, an just for looks front sway bar end links. But also Shelby Baer Extreme calipers an rotors an the Alcoa SS wheels

Nice mods :) ... FYI .. I guess I am lucky as I have no whine with Van's suspension kit. I did get the adjustable LCAs taken off though as after 2 weeks installed, they would rattle at low speed (parking lot). I installed BMR Non Adjustable LCAs with poly ends on both sides.

Crowley

Users who are viewing this thread